Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The head is also knackered. Its snapped at least 2 of the spark plugs straight off and pushed the head out / dented it. So all new plugs too. :crybaby:

They can skim the head but obviously this will higher the compression so not a good thing to have done as the idea is now to lower the compression as much as possible with the rebuild.

Will know more tomorrow when its stripped :huh:

2jz-gte.............

cheaper !

The block YES,

the work NO. ;)

I disagree Mike.

Unless you do it yourself

So you can't fully disagree, cause I was meaning the case "put the car to a workshop and let them do". :P

In your case I agree, but who can do that conversion by himself? :whistling:

It's a kind of art-work, I just think of Mat's Monster-Thread and asking "How long was the car in the garage and waited for getting finished?" It's one of the hardest jobs you can do on a car. ;)

You have to modify the whole car, at least the whole drive train, making the Supra-ECU working with the safety system and the other sensors in the IS200 that's not a job I would like to do by myself.... :sick: you won't get a ride in your car at least for the next 1-2 years. :yawn:

If you can do it by yourself.... NICE! You're a qualified WorkShop Veteran! :winky:

The only thing which is to pay is the material and that's not a peanut like buying a new front lip spoiler.

And don't think to drive the car soon. :hehe:

If you can't do it by yourself, you better crack the jackpot in Lotto. :lol:

I've now got a new engine. :D

I'll be stripping all the wiring off it at the weekend and removing all the bits I don't need and then shall be dropping it off at the garage ready to start gasflowing the head and rebuilding the block. Just awaiting the internals and a few other bits and then it'll be all go :D

the project continues all be it slowly at the moment :winky:

Thanks to those who offered to help me out with engines :)

I've now got a new engine. :D

I'll be stripping all the wiring off it at the weekend and removing all the bits I don't need and then shall be dropping it off at the garage ready to start gasflowing the head and rebuilding the block. Just awaiting the internals and a few other bits and then it'll be all go :D

the project continues all be it slowly at the moment :winky:

Thanks to those who offered to help me out with engines :)

You see mate..... everything is working for you.

Life is full of problems and troubles, you just have to find a solution! :winky:

It will take a while but think of next year..... you can call yourself a "Monster-Driver" :D

Just had an update from the garage...

The old engine is out and stripped to have a look and see what happened..

There are 4 holes in the engine block and all 6 con rods are broke. :o

So the engine is totally wrecked.

When I blow an engine I do it right :lol:

Why do things by halves when you can go the whole way eh :lol:

OMFG bet that went with a lovely bang you lucky you did not shoot someone :lol:

i think we can definetly say that the conrods are the weak point :D

Turns out it was only 1 rod that had completely broken but the others were all still damaged. The rod that had broken had managed to put 4 holes in the block and sump, so you can now see through the block and the sump. There is still a bit of con rod stuck between the flywheel and the engine where it had broken off and got wedged. The rod is in about 3 bits and you can see how much it has actually twisted around to brake it.

ae30b79e.jpg

80e4a112.jpg

7002629c.jpg

694bc934.jpg

465764de.jpg

The car has been getting alot of admirers though whilst its sat over the garage :D

Not covered in oil, but I did stupidly nearly blow my head off by removing one of the aircon pipes from the pump with out releasing the pressure first :blink:

Scared the absolute ***** right out of me :sick: Just heard a massive bang then a huge long flow of compressed air came out. My whole engine bay was covered in luminous green slime :lol:

All cleaned up now though :whistling:

To add to this I also previously covered myself in gearbox oil as I pull my propshaft out and forgot to drain the oil first. I was lying under the car at the time so it went all over me and the washing machine still smells of it :sick: All because I was doing everything in a hurry :yawn:

• 3 weeks later...
Looks lovely mate, quality job that!

So are you staying with the 1GFE engine then or is that a cam cover off a different engine?

Yes mate still the 1F-GE engine. Believe it or not but that is the same cam cover on all IS 200. Just polished up very good :) Im having the 1F-GE head gasflowed / ported etc and fitting uprated / forged conrods and pistons to lower the compression ratio and also an uprated thicker head gasket again to lower compression ratio.. :D

Looks lovely mate, quality job that!

So are you staying with the 1GFE engine then or is that a cam cover off a different engine?

Yes mate still the 1F-GE engine. Believe it or not but that is the same cam cover on all IS 200. Just polished up very good :) Im having the 1F-GE head gasflowed / ported etc and fitting uprated / forged conrods and pistons to lower the compression ratio and also an uprated thicker head gasket again to lower compression ratio.. :D

Before

f8a3a281.jpg

After

35d5853e.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links