Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have recently replaced brake pad sensor on my car but the dash light is still on.

Before I go checking for a loose connection I want to re set the ECU anyone know how to do this or should I just disconnect the Battery or could I cause problems doing this.

You can re-set ECU by taking out the fuse for it underneath the bonnet. |f you lift the cover of the fuse box, it should tell you underneath the cover which is the ECU fuse. At least in my GS it does anyway.

You can re-set ECU by taking out the fuse for it underneath the bonnet. |f you lift the cover of the fuse box, it should tell you underneath the cover which is the ECU fuse. At least in my GS it does anyway.

Thanks Maneesh I will give it a try.

Anyone got any pics showing the fuses.

Anyone got any pics showing the fuses.

Just had a look shows efi fuse and a large fuse type/regulator showing engine management.?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys there are 2 ways to look at this. This method has been recommended by the manufacturer itself via their manual. This procedure is call the diagnostic code clearance.This is usually done as the ECU stored the code in the memory itself. Now to clear one possible way is removing the EFI Fuse ( 20A ) for 10 seconds or more with the ignition switch off. Cancellation must be done by removing the Battery ( negative (-) terminal, but in this case you will lose our otehr memory setting like teh clock, radio preset stations etc.It is neccessary to remove the Battery terminal to have teh diagnostic code removed. After cancelllation road test the vehicle to check that a normal code is now read on the panel. Usually this new warning light shoudl dissappear after the ignition start. It indicates the trouble areas has been repaired thoroughly.

(2) The second method is Place transmission in neutral position, AC switched off. Turn ignition switch off. Using SST tool p/n # 09843-18020 connect the terminals between TE1 and E1 of the TDCL. This is located at the driver side below position.. Now the ignition switch on. YOu will see 3 flashes of the warning. Sinulate the condtition for 2 times more , and they will disappear. Cheerrs buddy

Using SST tool p/n # 09843-18020 connect the terminals between TE1 and E1 of the TDCL.

Hi Andy,

I know you have probably checked this but whats the fluid level like? Undo the cap and check that the switch is working properly (by sliding the float up and down while someone watches the instrument cluster).

As maneesh believed the fuse layouts are printed under the cover of the fusebox on the LS400, the EFI fuse is the one you have to pull for >10 seconds to clear the codes.

Also this special service tool (SST tool p/n # 09843-18020) is only a small length of wire with two pin terminals crimped onto the ends. You can plug it into either the TDCL or the engine diagnostics port in the engine bay. Then just count the numbers flashing up on the engine "check" light.

Hope you are well, been away from the boards due to work commitments. Intend to return the rack next time I am out your way.

Cheers,

Leadfoot.

Yeah, when I got my diagnostic codes, all I needed was a paper clip bent into shape to act as my special service tool. Works a treat and is free of charge. Just make sure you look at the dash as soon as you connect it up, for the lights!

Using SST tool p/n # 09843-18020 connect the terminals between TE1 and E1 of the TDCL.

Hi Andy,

I know you have probably checked this but whats the fluid level like? Undo the cap and check that the switch is working properly (by sliding the float up and down while someone watches the instrument cluster).

As maneesh believed the fuse layouts are printed under the cover of the fusebox on the LS400, the EFI fuse is the one you have to pull for >10 seconds to clear the codes.

Also this special service tool (SST tool p/n # 09843-18020) is only a small length of wire with two pin terminals crimped onto the ends. You can plug it into either the TDCL or the engine diagnostics port in the engine bay. Then just count the numbers flashing up on the engine "check" light.

Hope you are well, been away from the boards due to work commitments. Intend to return the rack next time I am out your way.

Cheers,

Leadfoot.

Thanks for that I will check as i had the fluid changed.

No problem with the rack if you got the space keep hold of it.

How is the old girl doing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links