Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg

Donk

I have a 1999 Se manual. Its done 48K. I do motorway mile :backofnet: age mostly and having just got the car I was wondering what MPG people got out of their's.

From what I can tell its not much better than my Subaru Impreza was.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get about 23mpg as a norm(no motorways and a heavy right foot)

but on a trip down south a couple of months ago I was getting well over 30 mpg(maybe as high as 34) only doing 70 mph and hardly pressing the accelarator.

Not bad for a car with 135,500 miles on it,doesn't seem to be much difference to cars of a lesser mileage.

Ive only had the car about two weeks and have done two tank full checks and mine has worked out at 29.1 mpg.

Mixture of town and country driving - slightly weighted right foot, (on the ocassional - "lets see what this baby can do") type runs....

:lol: :arrrggg-matey:

I get around 330-350 miles between full and fuel light on my IS200 Auto. I reckon that's around 28mpg, is a fair mix of motorway and town - though I do tend to drive "somewhat aggresively" :P

If it's just round town, this will drop to 260 miles, which is around 22mpg :crying:

I don't think I ever switch the air conditioner off, but I'm sceptical that this makes a significant difference.

I get 200 Miles to a tank (84Ltrs) that around 15 miles to the gallon around town and maybe 20 on the motorway, thirsty car when I play.

crap.........cannot wait to see what mine will be then :unsure:

Mat, when your motor is finished, we'll have to have a play mate :D

This could be interesting :lol:

I think we'll set a record for the less amount of milage per tank. :huh::huh:

i have an altezza and as you know it has a much smaller tank. if i drive "sensibly" (ie 100 mph) on the M way, I can do up over 300 miles to that tank, using 98 RON unleaded.

When I average over 135MPH, i can manage 280 miles before the red light comes on.

I used 95 RON once and manged to get 250 miles with 3/4 of a tank, driving at 120 - 135 mph.

But the downside is, it is shocking around town. would be lucky to get anzthing round 280 miles.

if i drive "sensibly" (ie 100 mph) on the M way, I can do up over 300 miles to that tank, using 98 RON unleaded.

When I average over 135MPH, i can manage 280 miles before the red light comes on.

Where do you live?

I just love the idea that 100mph is sensible and 135 is normal driving :yahoo:

I average about 31 mpg - mostly m/way at ~80mph

i have an altezza and as you know it has a much smaller tank. if i drive "sensibly" (ie 100 mph) on the M way, I can do up over 300 miles to that tank, using 98 RON unleaded.

ok - that explains Teddys post about speed camera detectors

:D

if i drive "sensibly" (ie 100 mph) on the M way, I can do up over 300 miles to that tank, using 98 RON unleaded.

Where do you live?

I just love the idea that 100mph is sensible and 135 is normal driving :yahoo:

I average about 31 mpg - mostly m/way at ~80mph

lexicon,

live in london and work in europe, hence the motor way miles. But come on, I know it sounds mad but when yer driving for a while around 80mph, it becomes so pedestrian, that you want to add 10 mph to it, and so on.

And with the cars and mods most guys are displaying here, you really have to look at the speedo to see you are past 70mph cos you don't "feel it".

Don't put me foot down in town though (well, with Red Ken's ideas, you can't past 15mph in london). Just love to "stretch" the right foot a bit on motor ways.

I've got a V 2000 reg, and i'll get around late 20s/eraly 30s, but it's different mpg when filling up from different petrol stations...

Bu major factor is your own driving technique, i realy don't give to much drilling in the 1st and 2nd gears, some people do, one of my mates got an IS200 on V plate and he's always complaiing about the fuel consumption, but he's got a heavy foot..

You have to look facts that it's got 2.0 Ltr engine, a big enough body n it's rear wheel drive... pushing rather the pulling..

It'l have to do..... ;) ;) ;)