Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kiani1

Hi guys, newbie here. Luckily I came across this site by accident and it seems everyone is really helpful. I start a new job in January and will need to buy a new car and i've decided on an IS200.

However after looking at the prices of uk models and then comparing them to imports you seem to get a lot more for your money (and less of it). Would just like some information as to what different Altezza models (if any there are).

Any help greatly appreciated.

hi,

You have the the AS200 and the RS200. The AS200 has similar power to IS200 but is all auto.

The RS200 is the semi auto 200BHP and the 210 BHP manual.

All models have Z editions which is a bit higher spec. The is an L edition as well (on difference is the leather).

If power is your thing (list most altezza owners), then go for the altezza. Difference bewteen the Z edition RS200 Manual and UK IS200 Sport is;

the RS Z edition has no leather, no heated seats, most don't have a sunroof, but can rev up to 8000 RPM, has nearly 60 BHP more, most come with spoilers, TV and sat nav.

choice is yours.

Like you, I've just discovered this site. I've had an Altezza RS200z for a year, the 4cyl 6spd manual gearbox. They're nice, especially the handling, but the engines are all revs and no go.

A Nissan 200sx turbo engine would make a great transplant!

My clutch is shuddery when cold only, something that is on the forums, although the gearbox is fine.

There are a lot more in New Zealand now than a year ago, I see four or five every day driving around Auckland.

Get a yellow one!!

• 4 weeks later...

The AS is also available here as a 6 speed manual, but there are not many around. It is JPY10,000 cheaper when new, or about £50... That's why mine is an auto - slow, but smooth around town. And, lets face it, you don't get much chance to accelerate around Yokohama or Tokyo quickly anyway!!

The good news is that the basic car is around £11,000 at the current exchange rate - one reason why I'd never by an IS200 in the UK - knowing that it's a rebadged Toyota at almost twice the price :ohmy: !! Toyota UK are having a laugh...nice car to drive though.