Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rims

jensi

New 18" wheels today.

What do you all think? I am very happy with the look of these. :)

Jensi

Better paint those calipers now Jensi... :D

notice any difference (negative) in terms of handling / performance of your car? Im assuming that you are running a stock IS200 (not charged) ....

i've heard that alot of ppl who put 18" on their cars feel significantly higher fuel consumption and a bit of impact on the performance (wider and larger rims, increases the frictional forces exerted on the hubs).

I personally love 18" rims .. but am a bit weary of the above ... dont want my car to be any slower!

notice any difference (negative) in terms of handling / performance of your car? Im assuming that you are running a stock IS200 (not charged) ....

i've heard that alot of ppl who put 18" on their cars feel significantly higher fuel consumption and a bit of impact on the performance (wider and larger rims, increases the frictional forces exerted on the hubs).

I personally love 18" rims .. but am a bit weary of the above ... dont want my car to be any slower!

I have not noticed any difference but then again I have never measured the fuel consumption on my IS.

It gets the fuel it needs.And the performance I have not noticed any difference yet.But that also depends on the tyres I would assume?

Jens

• 2 years later...

With my former 18" Ronal R38 with 225/40 tires, the car was accelerating less. And the car needs +1 liter fuel. Now i'm search for lighter 18" wheels.

And.... my IS is stock