Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Again,

Forgot to mention on my last post that I have now sorted out my defective climate control/clock display in my ls400/Celsior.

Supplied to me as just the lcd panel with no conversion kit required as it has been specially made for the Uk RHD model I have ( I believe) become the 1st Uk recipient.

It's so nice to see the time and set the climate control for these cold days.

Here's a picture of the finished project

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...Ddisplay004.jpg

PM me for further info and piccys.

Cheers,

Steve

Hello Again,

Forgot to mention on my last post that I have now sorted out my defective climate control/clock display in my ls400/Celsior.

Supplied to me as just the lcd panel with no conversion kit required as it has been specially made for the Uk RHD model I have ( I believe) become the 1st Uk recipient.

Cheers,

Steve

Whats the difference between yours and a UK LS 400 mk2.

Hello Again,

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference but from what I have discovered it has the following "extras"

The car is Toyota badged, engine plate is also Toyota, has a fender pole, has a DSP system on the hi fi,rear light cluster ( the boot mounted sections) are wider due to US style number plate, radio is for Japanese frequencies ( can only get radio 2) and has a Japanese labelled button which seems to switch the radio to a preset frequency.

That's it I think everything else is as the UK spec according to driver's handbook.

I was going to rebadge it but I haven't seen another so will stay as a Celsior and with only 39,000 certified miles on it I'm happy as Larry!

Hello Again,

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference but from what I have discovered it has the following "extras"

The car is Toyota badged, engine plate is also Toyota, has a fender pole, has a DSP system on the hi fi,rear light cluster ( the boot mounted sections) are wider due to US style number plate, radio is for Japanese frequencies ( can only get radio 2) and has a Japanese labelled button which seems to switch the radio to a preset frequency.

That's it I think everything else is as the UK spec according to driver's handbook.

I was going to rebadge it but I haven't seen another so will stay as a Celsior and with only 39,000 certified miles on it I'm happy as Larry!

My celsior when compared to a uk model near me also has seperate tape decks front and back, massaging heated rear seats, reinforced glass all round, two sports modes one for power and one for suspenion, height adjustable suspension, folding heated mirrors, automatic headlights, seperate air con front and back, boot mounted cd changer. The only similarities ive seen with the uk model is the cd changer which is in the glovebox on uk model.

Hello Again,

Cheers,

Steve

Whats the difference between yours and a UK LS 400 mk2

Hi,

My celsior when compared to a uk model near me also has seperate tape decks front and back, massaging heated rear seats, reinforced glass all round, two sports modes one for power and one for suspenion, height adjustable suspension, folding heated mirrors, automatic headlights, seperate air con front and back, boot mounted cd changer. The only similarities ive seen with the uk model is the cd changer which is in the glovebox on uk model.

Hi,

I'm not sure but there may be 2 specification levels for the Celsior,mine has the piezo air suspension but no ride adjustment switch ( apparently should be in the toolkit area) and there is a switch on the front aircon panel to feed the rear seats and one on the rear vents for passenger use.

I dont have the heated massage seats in the rear ( some Celsiors had cloth seats as well) but mine are leather,

Does have the folding heated mirrors,automatic lighting and the boot mounted cd changer.

By the way what year is yours?

Steve

Hello Again,

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

Hi,

I'm not sure but there may be 2 specification levels for the Celsior,mine has the piezo air suspension but no ride adjustment switch ( apparently should be in the toolkit area) and there is a switch on the front aircon panel to feed the rear seats and one on the rear vents for passenger use.

I dont have the heated massage seats in the rear ( some Celsiors had cloth seats as well) but mine are leather,

Does have the folding heated mirrors,automatic lighting and the boot mounted cd changer.

Steve

92 Celsior, does have full leather interior, the switch in the boot is just for self levelling suspension, however i have beside gearstick the height adjustable button along with the "TEMSsport" suspension button and the power sports mode button

Hello Again,

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

Hi,

Steve

92 Celsior, does have full leather interior, the switch in the boot is just for self levelling suspension, however i have beside gearstick the height adjustable button along with the "TEMSsport" suspension button and the power sports mode button

There must be variations in the spec because I don't have those options on mine.

When I bought the car I got the Certificate of De-registration from Japan and it belonged to a company over there so I sent a copy of it with a covering letter to the address given to try and find some history, but it appears to have been well looked after ( power steering pump is brand new so that's a relief, thought it a bit sus at 1st with only 39,000 miles on the clock but I guess it's also the age that caused the failure of the original one)

I'll wait and see( probably come back in Japanese Help!!!)

Cheers,

Steve