Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats A Fair Price Gs 300 Se Auto?

Hi all, I have just been to have a look at this car. It has a deep scratch on the passenger door approx 6 inches long, all the alloys are kerbed, there are the usual chips, and the radio display isn't displaying the characters correctly - i.e. some of the digits are missing or half displayed.

it has FSH and drives very well; no knocks or wobble on the steering the engine is silky smooth and response is... well wow!

The asking price is £4900 I think its too much for the condition of the car and the mileage so what would be a sensible offer considering the condition of the car stated above.

I was thinking £4500? or am I being unreasonable

Hi all, I have just been to have a look at this car. It has a deep scratch on the passenger door approx 6 inches long, all the alloys are kerbed, there are the usual chips, and the radio display isn't displaying the characters correctly - i.e. some of the digits are missing or half displayed.

it has FSH and drives very well; no knocks or wobble on the steering the engine is silky smooth and response is... well wow!

The asking price is £4900 I think its too much for the condition of the car and the mileage so what would be a sensible offer considering the condition of the car stated above.

I was thinking £4500? or am I being unreasonable

According to Glass's guide, part-ex values are:

Excellent condition: £6160

Average condition: £5460

Below average condition: £4740

Given the faults you list, it seems the car is in below average condition, so even if you got the car for £4900, it's a good deal, given how much a dealer would sell it for.

mine is better and has SatNav - but higher mileage - it's on Ebay - take a look

linky

:) :)

I can't comment on the car in question as I haven't seen it, but I can say that Lexus Owners Club members tend to treat their cars with a lot more care than your average Lexus owner. I bought my GS from a LOC member, and the car had definitely been pampered!

Those Glass's prices are enlightening.

I think the car hasn't been looked after even though its got good SH and I have to concur that you guys seem to know your Lexus. I tend to go with my gut instincts; they very rarely let me down, and they are saying don't buy the Lexus I've looked at. Its just not right, I suppose if you have the facilities to correct the problems it wouldn't cost as much as Me doing it myself, even though I'm quite handy.

With petrol prices rising, I expect any car that drinks petrol will be dropping faster in value. If you really want a GS, don't settle for the first car you find. There are plenty of cars around, get one you like the feel of ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after some soul searching my Partner and I eventually, got a Lexus GS 300 SE Auto P(1997) this car really is in excellent condition, bodywork is mint and original, no paint jobs, engine bay is Pristine, interior is very clean and everything works, good service history blah! blah! blah!

e825505e.jpg

Can I just say, Rodders_uk is a top bloke,

Thanks for all the advice guys, looks like i'll be asking more in the future lol!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links