Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip To Tte And Nurburgring

Jiberjaber

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to say I had a fantastic time.

TTE, F1 and ring were brill,

Big thanks to everyone for making the trip as enjoyable as it was, I had a great time.

Paul

link to some on track photos

My Webpage

whoops -

ACCESS DENIED

http://bazzasgallery.fotopic.net/c927464.html

According to SWISS IT Security Guidelines your request has been blocked.

You are seeing this error because what you attempted to access appears to contain, or is labeled as containing, material that has been deemed inappropriate.

If you have any further questions or if you do not understand why the access to the requested site is restricted, please contact SWISS IT Hotline by e-mail (hotline@swiss.com) or by phone (+41 61 582 44 88).

Great pictures guys its good to see track pictures,

looks like you had a good time,

i've got to agree about your trip to TTE, i'll never forget when i went either

its an amazing place.

kimi x

This time we got a tour of the TTE F1 research and development facility.

We weren't allowed to take ANY photo's while on the F1 tour. And had to sign out lives away, regarding giving out any information, from our trip.

We saw some things SO Secret if we told you about them, we'd have to kill you. We saw the new *********, on the ******** ******** of Ralf Schumacher's the car, being fitted, and will be trailed for the first time, this weekend at Imola.

We met the guy who makes the water coolers for Ralf's car, and later on our tour actually saw them being fitted to his car.

We saw the wind tunnel where TTE test and fine tune the F1 cars aero dynamics, and also how they make all the carbon fibre components, including the monocoque shells.

We saw how they initially hand craft the manifolds, then weld the seams using computer controlled welders, for a practically seamless join.

And it was amazing to see inside the engines and to see just how much of the actual inside of it is made of carbon fibre.

Zee now has all the piccy's from our trip, with over 4 hours of Video, and upwards of 500 piccys.

Just to whet your appetite, here's a piccy I took of a Ferrari F40 on the ring. You will see just exactly how fast it was going, I promise you.

F40 on the Nurburgring

Just like to say that I had a really great time I can't remember the last time I laughed so much and now that my voice has made it home (just about) I can actualy start telling everyone at home all about it

The company, the entertainment and the race track sorry i mean toll road :D :P

Oh and can i say this is my first ever post :D

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time.... i am soooo jealous..... seeing TTE would have been very interesting for me..... my bike on the track would have been a wipe-out for sure... anyway i looks like a very well executed trip i am pleased for you all :D

Edited by Monster-Mat

wow, what can I say!? what a trip! just over 900miles door to door with just 3 tank fulls!!!

first of all, thanks to zee for organising this trip especially to TTE factory! the hospitality from them was just...amazing :yahoo: a day to remember till next year :P :shifty:

the "ring"...what else can be said from what everyone else already mentioned! my humble and unofficial time was just over 14mins without ANY MODS like some others :P No supercharger, turbo, just running on straight 200 :blush: :winky: Only took it out once :duh: :tomato: Didn't want to risk any flying GT3's back of my rear end :whistling:

Was lucky to sat on Dave's soarer and was really impressed by the power and speed of the car!! Powerful car! & Dave you are a great OLD gimp driver :driving: :P

One fine crew to spend the whole period we were there for!! Daily and constant laughs and jokes!!! I'm sure most of the jokes and comments will be relayed here soonish :lol: :winky:

Still knackered by the trip...slept over 13hrs once got back!!!

I can honestly say we (well my crew) didn't sleep no more than 4hrs a night...think that got to me!!!!

Love to post pixrs but unable to upload any....so you will have to wait when I can!!!

Defo' I will be up next year if not sooner :shifty:

How many miles did ye rack up over the whole trip, from start to finish?

Just calculated, 1194 miles, with an average of 24mpg.

Not too bad considering we had to keep up with Jason most of the time :winky:

How many miles did ye rack up over the whole trip, from start to finish?

Just calculated, 1194 miles, with an average of 24mpg.

Not too bad considering we had to keep up with Jason most of the time :winky:

I got 27MPG on the way back. The V-power was just starting to kick in :)

I'm just going through the photos Lee and me took whilst over there... we've got a helluva lot -- some are absolutely cracking, some aren't -- they could have been very cool had they been in focus :(

Just looking through the last day or so of images and this one leaped out at me...

zee_corner.jpg

No doubt there'll be more to come... :)

Sorry slightly :offtopic: ....

So Clarksons 10 minute ring time in a diesel was actually quite a good result after all........ I know he had loads of goes and such......

It's easy working out the average speed ..... but what was the highest speed achieved ..... near max?

Cheers

Sorry slightly :offtopic: ....

So Clarksons 10 minute ring time in a diesel was actually quite a good result after all........ I know he had loads of goes and such......

It's easy working out the average speed ..... but what was the highest speed achieved ..... near max?

Cheers

he also had a dry track

he also had an empty track

he also wasnt driving his own car

to put it into perspective the ring taxi`s are doing 8 to 9 second laps

every day come rain or shine,

on crowded tracks

with three passengers

the maximum speed would be on the home straight, although its best to ease of as you need to stop at the end, and normal brakes would be fading at that stage

to be honest i didnt think of looking at the speedo, i was more concerned on trying to work out which way to go :lol:

point of interest:

the ring taxis modification list :

1.pagid brake pads

2. thats it !!

after 20000km they are scrapped :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk