Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delivery Dates (again)

So.....

I ordered IS250 (base, auto) via company's leasing firm on December 20th.

I didn't hear anything for a couple of months so I chased in late Feb and was told that I'd get my car in late April.

As my diary is filling up for this month, I asked for a delivery date. The leasing firm chased the dealer (and Lexus UK) and Lexus admitted that they had provided "missleading information" about progress of vehicles at the factory.

Latest date provided is a 25th May delivery to the dealer (not my house). Given the need to prepare the car and add the parking sensors, I won't be getting it until June although there was a vague mention of a courtesy car.

What's going on? Lexus's brand is based on customer service. How long will that last if they treat people like this? All my friends know how put out I am.

Reading that I'm going to check on mine today, same as yours - ordered through the lease company. All I have is the requested delivery date of 8th May, which I had been taking as the actual delivery date.

I ordered in Feb and tried to change the colour in March and was told it would push the date back to July!!! Looks like demand is outstripping supply at the moment.

i know its no consolation to you .. but in hk ... we are only having the "private lexus owner sneak preview" of the new IS in end of May (not sneak at all, cos i had already sat in the car ..at the tokyo motorshow last year). Sad really.... given the fact that we are only 4000 miles from the source ... and have traditionally been a big market for toyota/lexus.

I have had a is250 sel mm on order with Company's lease company since mid Jan 06, this was meant to be delivered at end of April. Just heard that it may not come until JUNE!! BUT Lexus are giving me a GS until then!

I have had a is250 sel mm on order with Company's lease company since mid Jan 06, this was meant to be delivered at end of April. Just heard that it may not come until JUNE!! BUT Lexus are giving me a GS until then!

:offtopic:

Then once you do get it, and it goes in for servicing (which you/your company pay £oodles per hour labour) or warranty work (which they claim back from Lexus) you may have to give 'em a £10er for a loan car...per day...so make the most of it! :lol:

I was just told that delivery of my SE with MM IS250 will not be delivered until July, with the order placed at the beginning of Feb.

6 months to wait for a car !!!! It just better be as good as everyone says it it, coz the new BMW Z4 coupe is definitely appealing to me now !!!!

BUT Lexus are giving me a GS until then!

I'd settle for that....

Ordered my IS mid Jan with expected delivery end of March but then that was put back to June now.

Luckily, my dealer wangled a brand new GS300 for me untill my car arrives!!!!

Been driving that for last month now!!!

Don't mind when the IS comes now!!!

:D

Ordered my IS mid Jan with expected delivery end of March but then that was put back to June now.

Lucky you Michael! Makes up for the delay I guess.

As a matter of interest, did your dealer arrange insurance for the loan car, or did you have to transfer your own?

IanB :D

The good news - I've now had my chat with Lexus...the car is here, PDI'd, ready to go :D

The bad news - Lease company have said I can't have it till 8th May as my current car is still within lease, so it's having to sit in the compound waiting :angry:

Lucky you Michael! Makes up for the delay I guess.

As a matter of interest, did your dealer arrange insurance for the loan car, or did you have to transfer your own?

IanB :D

Sorry for late reply Ian.

I handed my old car in Jan and so cancelled my insurance then.

I dialed around and couldn't get insured on loan car as it was still registered in dealers name.

Dealer provided insurance in the end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links