Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bridgestone Potenza

1972pixie

Morning All

I have had my IS for 5 weeks and at the weekend got a puncture in the side wall of my rear tyre.

So put the spare on and hot footed it t ATS. They check the other tyres which had all had plenty of tread on.

However 2 of the tyres had cracking all the way round in the tread where the tyre wear markers are.

So I took it back to the dealer who have taken the tyres off and are sending them to Bridgestone to have them checked out. If Bridgestone say that they are OK then I will be paying 50% of the cost for 2 new tyres.

The question is has anybody had anything similar. ?

Thanks

Morning All

I have had my IS for 5 weeks and at the weekend got a puncture in the side wall of my rear tyre.

So put the spare on and hot footed it t ATS. They check the other tyres which had all had plenty of tread on.

However 2 of the tyres had cracking all the way round in the tread where the tyre wear markers are.

So I took it back to the dealer who have taken the tyres off and are sending them to Bridgestone to have them checked out. If Bridgestone say that they are OK then I will be paying 50% of the cost for 2 new tyres.

Thanks

I always use bridgestones on my is sport, as the originals, and had been very happy with them, apart from the fact that the originals wore very unevenly, but that was not obviously a tyre problem... in your case you probably do not know the past history of your tyres as you have only just purchased your car, so who knows .... they may have been over inflated etc. in the past....and you just dont know how it was driven probably.... so the problem may not actually be the quality of the tyres. good luck anyway with that. :winky:

Do you know the age of the tyres?

I have seen tyre start to crack just through old age.

No, sorry dont know how old they are but they have plenty of tread on them 4 or 5 mm !

That's the thing they may not have done many miles but may have been on the car for a few years. Dare say Bridgestone will be able to date them from a batch number or something.

Look for a 3 or 4 digit no. on the side wall.......ie 109= october 99 :)

4 digits = ie 0501 would be week five 2001 :)

Thanks Noel, but I don't have the tyres anymore the Lexus dealer is sending them off !

Do they have a Best Before Date ??????

A guy here at work had the same problem with his spare wheel. Bridgestone gave him 50% of the cost back of a new tyre, and Lexus refunded the full amount as well iirc.

Thats great news.

Do you have any further details ?

Bullets for the gun would be grately appricated ! with regards me and the dealer !

there was a recall a few years ago for this...on bridgestones, the recall was massive in the US

my first IS200 (W plate) was in the UK recall, it had 5 new tyres as part of the recall, the car was only 12 months old, and it had 28,000 miles on the clock, luckily the recall was just before i swapped the car.....so no need to pay myself

• 3 weeks later...
Morning All

Thanks

YES I HAVE checked them yesterday only about 3 months old and small cracks all around the tread gonna take them back tomorrow

Morning All

Thanks

YES I HAVE checked them yesterday only about 3 months old and small cracks all around the tread gonna take them back tomorrow

Let me know how you get on.

Morning All

Thanks

tokk me car in tday had 4 wheel geomety checked way out more so on the back , no joy on cracks in tyres they said they were ok but replaced them anyway as the tracking had trashed them ive learnt my lesson get the tracking cheched regulary its cheaper than 2 new tyres lol

Let me know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...
Morning All

Thanks

Good Afternoon All

We'll it's been 5 weeks since Teesside took the tyres off and I paid my % of the tyres, and I hadn't heard anything, so I rang them on Friday to find the results,( even if only to update this thread) the sales guy, said he would enquire and get back to me.

Anyway today Good News, Bridgestone have confirmed the tyres to be defective and I am to get a full refund RESULT. :) :) :)

Hi All,

Just to keep you updated on this, Bridgestone paid 50% towards the cost and we Teesside contributed the rest (the least that we could do under the circumstance).

We understand they do have a problem with this, but it seems it is more the exception then the rule.

Our advice if you are having a problem is to contact your tyre supplier or Lexus dealer if that's where you purchased them from , the down side is they will probaly have to remove the tyres and then send them off for inspection, and you are not guranteed that they will help towards the cost of replacement. it will greatly depend on the level of remaining tread.

• 2 months later...
I really appricate all the help I have had from Teesside, with regards the tyres and other small problems that I have had since buying, they are a 1st class dealership.

Keep up the good work. :)

My 4 tyres looked OK from outside. When I removed the wheels all 4 were split all around the rims on the inside. Why does the inside split and not the outside? As the tyres are directional, this means the splits are occuring on both sides off the wall but only on the inside orientation of fitted tyres.

I really appricate all the help I have had from Teesside, with regards the tyres and other small problems that I have had since buying, they are a 1st class dealership.

Keep up the good work. :)

My 4 tyres looked OK from outside. When I removed the wheels all 4 were split all around the rims on the inside. Why does the inside split and not the outside? As the tyres are directional, this means the splits are occuring on both sides off the wall but only on the inside orientation of fitted tyres.

hi

i dont know why they crack but what i can say there are a lot of tyres cracking i am a mot tester and in the last few weeks i have failed loads for side walls spliting and being able to see the wires i don't know if its the heat and the dryness we are having or what but there are a lot cracking up

matt

Rubber does deteriorate over a few years...a fellow member in our kit car club had a complete blow out of his front nearside on the outside lane of m6 - thank *** he was OK. The tyre had VERY good tread depth, ( car only averages 1500 M P year ) but was 7 years old. Goodyear confirmed with him that ANY rubber tyre should be replaced after 5 / 6 years age, irrespective of visual condition. As a result of this, myself and most other members changed our tyres immediately!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links