Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Loc'er

goldie

Hi guys and girls!

My first post here and I find this forum brilliant and very inspiring. I first found this forum a few months ago when I was making up my mind about buying a Lexus car. Now I have got it! I am a proud owner of Altezza RS200Z since week ago and love it more and more every day.

Now down to business, I have got a question to mainly Altezza and may be other Japanese import car owners here, and forgive me if it has been covered before.

What is the best known way to convert radio from Japanese band to Uk one. Could anyone recommend a quality band expander with good sensitivity and fair selectivity

to avoid blind spots and double appearance of the same station.

Is there a way to replace a radio module in the HiFi system itself with the UK band one?

Sorry for asking to many questions at once and greatly appreciate any advise.

Cheers

Vlad. :hohoho:

Hey Goldie - welcome to the club mate.

I'm afraid I can't help you with your question, but thought I would say hello!

you have come to the right place though mate - we have a few altezza owners here, I'm sure one will be along shortly! (or - if one isn't here shortly, then three of them will turn up all at once!)

:D

I did not know there were options or a brand of Converter.

I got one from a import dealer for £14

easy to fit etc. Although since my arial is built into the back window it is pretty poor at picking up stations!

I guess your sick of radio 2 by now then? Terry Wogan not your cup of tea? :lol:

Thanks guys for replying, confirms what I just said about the friendly people here.

As for Terry Wogan, fortunately or unfortunately for Terry I didn't get to enjoy him in morning driving to work, the car had already frequency converter fitted which I suspect not a very good quality one, perhaps the 14 pound job, so I stick to CD's so far.

I have checked my aerial this morning and it`s a rubber duck antennae sits on the roof, although I have vertical metal strap on the rear window as well. Still the reception very poor especially if I go higher the band, Capital FM is distorted by the interference.

I was thinking of these http://www.edl.co.nz/ConvertersHP/PRODUCTS.html#1, but thought I might see what people have in their cars around here :question:

Cheers

Vlad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links