Sign in to follow this  
Bazza-old

Headlight Washers ?

i have noticed that if i turn on my windscreen washers i get a quick spurt from the headlight washers as well, this is without even pushing the headlight washer button, only seems to do it once, and only on first time

does anyone else not like the way the headlight washers attempt to wash half the bonnet ,leaving streaks when it dries off??

perfectly normal behaviour bazza.

if you have your headlights on - then the first use of washers will also activate the headlight washers.

the water from the window washers will spray all over the roof, leaving watermarks - why worry about the bonnet?

:D

Mine never do that :unsure:

I'll try it on my new next year then :D

Mine don't do it either (thankfully). If I wanted the lights cleaned I'd press the button! It really does cover the bottet, far more than the windscreen washers do the roof.

I may have done that on the odd occasion :P

How many people ask to see the headlight washers pop out again when you have shown them though??

Mine have impressed quite a few.

I may have done that on the odd occasion :P

How many people ask to see the headlight washers pop out again when you have shown them though??

Mine have impressed quite a few.

they like getting wet? :lol:

send them my way, and I'll show them how mine work :D

Aaah, but has anyone else asked their better half to get in and press the button so that YOU can see the washers pop up and down!

PS< mine don't wash automatically on washing the windscreen as far as I know.

I guess it's bad form then to wait until your hubby is filling the windscreen washer bottle up, and then test the light washers?!?! :whistling:

Mine is an X plate IS200 sport. When I picked it up the dealer told me that if your headlights are on and the windscreen wipers are on the car quite rightly assumes it is dark and raining, therefore it gives the headlights a quick wash. I must admit I try and soak people at every opportunity, and I have got my girlfriend the press the button whilst I watch (sounds like the wrong website for that sort of thing) :backofnet: