Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Would Like Some Advice !

Ian10

Hi folk's

just bought a 91 celsior and to say I'm impressed would be an understatment ,few little faults though,there's no response from CD changer when control on head unit is pressed,changer has power and ejects the cassette but nothing else,if its kaput(its the pioneer one) will it be possible to replace with another pioneer model ? and also whilst in transit (its just been imported)the Battery went down in the remote fob,having replaced the Battery,light works but nothing happens,I gather the alarm and fob are now out of sync but as the manual is in japanese I cant work out if its a dealer job or somthing I can do myself ,any advice would be appreciated. cheers. Ian.

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

Glad you like your new Celsior :driving:

With the CD changer the CDs are put in upside down in the cartridge,that might worth checking,made the mistake myself when i first bought my LS.If its not that then it could be the amp thats packed up.You could try giving Swift Breakers a call they might have a radio or amp,worth keeping the number as theyve most parts for the whole car..

As to the alarm fob,most of them dont seem to work.I Looked into getting it fixed and it would cost hundreds of pounds,the better option i found was to get a alarm fitted for around the same sort of money that would also lock/unlock the car.

Hope to have been of some help..

Chips..

Well then !! CD 's were in upside down,turned them over and the changer can be heard sorting them when first put back in,but as before there's nothing on the radio display when you press the CD button,radio and tape deck play well and LOUDso I'm assuming the amps OK,prices for replacement changers seem really ott and why the huge casing for just a 6 disc changer ???

does the celsior have alarm/immobiliser and I'm supposing that if it does they wont be armed without the fob when locking with the keys :duh: ? if thats the case I'll have to be getting an aftermarket one fitted,thanks for the reply

and why is it 25% of the price to buy a timing belt kit from the states that was made and shipped over there from here,someone's having a LARF :tsktsk:

• 1 month later...