Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Im New!

Sarah

Hi im Sarah we picked up our IS200 1999 last week and total love :D it unfortunately we have what seems to be the dreaded Err3 on our stereo. My partener has had it all apart but we cant fix it. Ive been looking on the chat rooms here and no one seems to have had any luck!!! Can any make my day please tell me all is not lost. :unsure:

hi sarah, welcome to the club.

the stereos often come up on e.bay, can be pricey though.or keep an eye on the buy and sell section

alternately its an aftermarket unit.

hope this helps

john

dont forget we want to see pics of the car :D

Hihi there Sarah.

And yes, Err3 unlikely to fix. Have to replace...

D.

Someone did manage to fix theirs the other week.

Click here for one method to try.

Click here for another.

Good luck. Oh, and welcome to LOC!

Hi thanks for all your welcomes im in shock. I will get some photos of our baby, voom voom to show you all!!! Im goona be a real girl now and ask what might seem a stupid question but is a aftersales unit one thats come out of a broken down car also does anyone make a placement stereo that fits into the Lexus!!

Hi thanks for all your welcomes im in shock. I will get some photos of our baby, voom voom to show you all!!! Im goona be a real girl now and ask what might seem a stupid question but is a aftersales unit one thats come out of a broken down car also does anyone make a placement stereo that fits into the Lexus!!

AfterMARKET is one that you buy after the purchase of your car, that is non-standard factory-fit/option.

With the IS, you will need to buy a "facia adaptor" as the IS does not have standard size/fittings for standard after market stereos.

D.

AfterMARKET is one that you buy after the purchase of your car, that is non-standard factory-fit/option.

With the IS, you will need to buy a "facia adaptor" as the IS does not have standard size/fittings for standard after market stereos.

D.

Is that a plate that fills any gap that a new stereo doesnt?

And ISO wiring adapter thingy or other solution depending on model, if you want to keep the existing amp and speakers etc etc

Hello, welcome to LOC, good to see another IS owner in the area.

Its a common problem with the standard radio. If you have the 's' model all you need is an ISO adapter for the aftermarket radio.

Unfortunatly if you have the Se or the Sport model, there is an external amp behind the glovebox, to replace with headunit would mean you would also have to change the rear speakers, which means if your changing the rears you might as well change the fronts as well.

Best of luck

Lee.

PS. Facia can be bought from here, Ebay

Edited by lee_iceman

:) Hi Sarah, Welcome

You can send your stereo to Autosounds in Bradford, they are the UK Lexus stereo repairers.

Not sure how much it will cost, but it may work out cheaper than an aftermarket if you have to replace the Amp etc.

They'll put all new inners in so it should be a long term fix.

It may, depending on your insurance policy be possible to claim on your insurance, I know thats what a guy who works with the brother in law did, he just paid the excess !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links