Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Stuff

chrisis200

So I currently drive a lexus Sport and have had an acciedent, so the other party are claiming. So far no problems but I took out my documents an read through to see my reg plate has been put next to a Lexus S. Even though clearly on the phone I have stated Sport to Norwich Union and having read here, I assumed the S stood for Sport like the guy who has set it up (at the insurance company). How much trouble am I in if I'm wrong :S luckyily i haven't claimed as I had minor damage, but whats going to happen?

Thanks Chris

They may have recorded the conversation as they often do. Fingers crossed for you mate, they will change it with no hassle. Even if your not claiming, ring your insurance provider up and check everythings ok with them.

We had a problem with Norwich Union a couple of years back with differences of what I KNEW I'd said on the phone and what they'd written down! It took 2 months of phone calls back and forward till they actually listened to their recording (they DO record all calls) and agreed with me!

Dont give in!!!

Dave

We had a problem with Norwich Union a couple of years back with differences of what I KNEW I'd said on the phone and what they'd written down! It took 2 months of phone calls back and forward till they actually listened to their recording (they DO record all calls) and agreed with me!

Dont give in!!!

Dave

Would it be better to wait till they paid to the 3rd party before pointing out the change, just incase they say they won't payout? I'm about to lose my no claims so if they don't payout as well I'd be screwed.. I should of checked the details earlier dam it.

And just to clarify the S & Sport are differnt things then?

Dont give in!!!

Dave

Would it be better to wait till they paid to the 3rd party before pointing out the change, just incase they say they won't payout? I'm about to lose my no claims so if they don't payout as well I'd be screwed.. I should of checked the details earlier dam it.

And just to clarify the S & Sport are differnt things then?

Yes, S ans Sport are different. On my log book it states SE and on my Insurance forms.

So I have explained this to them now and if I want to request the tapes I can, I will only do that if I am penalised as the sport is infact one group higher than a S i am told.

NU also tell me that I only lose 2yrs no claims so I still have 1year luckily...

Will update you on this drama at later time when I have more info, but I believe the chap I spoke to at length has changed my policy details to Sport now, hoping it doesn't effect the claim by the 3rd party.

So I have explained this to them now and if I want to request the tapes I can, I will only do that if I am penalised as the sport is infact one group higher than a S i am told.

NU also tell me that I only lose 2yrs no claims so I still have 1year luckily...

Will update you on this drama at later time when I have more info, but I believe the chap I spoke to at length has changed my policy details to Sport now, hoping it doesn't effect the claim by the 3rd party.

What ever happens, you w8ill find that NU are underobligation to deal with the third party claim. You should also find that if you have comp cover they will deal with your claim accordingly (they may charge the difference between what the cost of the insurance would have been if it was the sport model compared to what you paid).

The only time insurance companies won't pay out is if they believe you have deliberatly not disclosed some information.

If you do have any issues then feel free to phone me on the number below, and ill try to assist.

What ever happens, you w8ill find that NU are underobligation to deal with the third party claim. You should also find that if you have comp cover they will deal with your claim accordingly (they may charge the difference between what the cost of the insurance would have been if it was the sport model compared to what you paid).

The only time insurance companies won't pay out is if they believe you have deliberatly not disclosed some information.

If you do have any issues then feel free to phone me on the number below, and ill try to assist.

Quick Update got the new updated insurance through, they have changed it at no extra charge for now so all is good at the moment,thanks for the advice guys..