Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise From Rear Brakes

melomax

hi can anyone help ive only had my is200 about 2 months and ive recognised a noise like a metal clank coming from i think the rear this happens when im reversing and touch the brake pedal i get the noise which is quite loud

also when going slow i seam to be getting a grating noise coming from the front wheels a bit like when the pads are grating against the discs when worn but these are new pads and disc fitted when i bought the car now ive had the lexus dealers check the second problem out and they say theres nothing wrong but its quite annoying noise when your driving

please does anyone know what these problems might be

thanks

melomax

had this on my girlfriends car, turned out to be the brake guard rubbing against the disc...was very noisy and did sound like dead pads. Took the wheel off, Bent it back and hmmm nice and quiet.

not sure about the back end...could be coil spring?

• 4 weeks later...

just a update ive been asking a few different garages about the noise / clank from the rear end and what one garage seamed to says and they said theyve had the problem before is that its a cheap nasty brake fitting kit thats been used and that the spring that goes on the calipers is worn there fore making the brakes hit harder and make the noise

now i wondered if anyone else might have herd about this before i go ahead and buy a different fitting kit

just to help any one whos had same problem

now im to sure if noise was from rear or front but when your in reverse and touch the brakes you get a clank noise now i had a rac inspector look at it and said to take it to lexus now they have finally fixed the problem after having the car back 3 times

what the problem is, is a caliper spring clip that is either broke or worn therefore not relesing the brakes properly therefore getting the clank when it finally releases

hope this helps anyone else whos got the same problem or gets this problem

• 4 weeks later...

PIP, how did you solve the probleme, as I have made a replacement of the rear Disk and the spring that is in the brake, rub onto the srew that maintain the wheel, I don't know I did well explain myself. but i don't understand why not it is rubbing?????

dsc02786uo.jpg

dsc02759pu.jpg

PIP, how did you solve the probleme, as I have made a replacement of the rear Disk and the spring that is in the brake, rub onto the srew that maintain the wheel, I don't know I did well explain myself. but i don't understand why not it is rubbing?????

dsc02786uo.jpg

dsc02759pu.jpg

hi not sure exactly how the problem was solved i just took the car to the main dealers where they fixed the problem just saying it was the springs and clips that needed replacing not sure anything else that was involved

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links