Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 And Is220 - Bluetooth Phones

SE P910i works fine but doesnt give signal strength or Battery life.

SE P9901 woks on all fronts, Battery, signal, full phone book as a whole, the lot. Pitty i lost mine in Dubai back in December. :blink:

I quite fancy a Fujitsu Siemens Loox T830 to replace it anyone know if it works with the MM (Windows mobile 5 O/S).

Infinity........

:offtopic: How often are the gold membership details updated, I went Gold more than 6 months ago.

Admin can you update me please.

SE P910i works fine but doesnt give signal strength or battery life.

SE P9901 woks on all fronts, battery, signal, full phone book as a whole, the lot. Pitty i lost mine in Dubai back in December. :blink:

I quite fancy a Fujitsu Siemens Loox T830 to replace it anyone know if it works with the MM (Windows mobile 5 O/S).

Infinity........

:offtopic: How often are the gold membership details updated, I went Gold more than 6 months ago.

Admin can you update me please.

ANd me - it's almost a year now

Just got myself a sony K800i wouldnt pair to begin with then all of a sudden it worked - nothing I was doing wrong as I have a Nokia 6230i that paired no problems first time my Sony phone one now displays both Battery and signal strength- took me half an hour of trying over and over again just keep trying am sure it will work eventually Sony phones normally are ok !!

Paul

My new Sony K800i worked eventualy - couldnt find the hands free initially but tried over and over for half an hour then it found it and paired straight away ?? displays both Battery and signal ......not sure why the problem as my sons K750i worked straight away ???....worth keep trying it most Sony phones work

Has anyone had any problems with Bluetooth connection between the Sirocco 8800 and Lexus IS250? Every time when I stop and start the engine I must put passkey again to the phone. Car system shows - connected successfully but dond´t recognise the phone. I can make and receive phonecalls normaly via car Bluetooth system.

Continuing the hijack, guys:

Why do you go for gold membership?

:offtopic: but 2 reasons:

a) you get discount at Lexus (though you can normally ask and get it anyway)

B) my way of paying into the pot - the help and advice I get here for free makes it worth while.

As far as phones are concerned, I would say stick with most of the non-flashy SE's and Nokia's for best compatibility (though any SE in the K and T range seems to work on mine very well showing Battery and signal- not tried the P range).

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to connect Nokia 6230 to MM Bluetooth (okay, okay, stop laughing I know its ancient).

Connects every time and works to an extent but I'm going to upgrade to somethging sexier/better.

I'd prefer to stay with Nokia if I can - Can anyone recommend a Nokia that

1) Allows the transfer of all of your contacts in one go

2) Shows both Battery and signal on the MM screen

I can now report that the Motokrzr K1 definitely does not auto-reconnect.

Not only that, but clicking connect won't work either.

Reconnecting is about a 10 second process, and a pita.

Probably replacing with a Samsung ultrathin, maybe the 830

Trying to connect Nokia 6230 to MM bluetooth (okay, okay, stop laughing I know its ancient).

Connects every time and works to an extent but I'm going to upgrade to somethging sexier/better.

2) Shows both battery and signal on the MM screen

1) No

2 :lol: ) No :tomato:

LeedsLad - I had the same dilemma. My business phone is a Nokia 6230i too. My personal phone is a SE K750i, which allows a "Yes" to both questions. I'm glad I got it. It's a better phone overall too than the Nokia, and has a good camera and a great MP3 player. The menu's etc are surprisingly easy to use, and it auto pairs just like the Nokia.

It is the same phone essentially as the W800i, which is just too expensive. Just different firmware (MP3 orientated) and a slightly different case (lacking a slider for the camera lens) and better external speaker!

Back to topic - Qtek9100 PDA phone - works out of the box. Can't transfer entire phonebook though, and the battery and signal strength are not reported. Downloaded a little Blutooth util and now they are. As for the phonebook, I used my trusty SE T610 to upload it all.

Where did you downloadthe Bluetooth utility from?

I can now report that the Motokrzr K1 definitely does not auto-reconnect.

Not only that, but clicking connect won't work either.

Reconnecting is about a 10 second process, and a pita.

I can report similar difficulties with the Motorola V3 Razr.

It connects, but does not auto-reconnect after ignition is turned off, or if you've switched the phone off and on again. Unfortunately, you have to go through the car's Bluetooth connection settings and actually re-register the phone EVERY time I get in the car. A pain in the a*** :shutit:

I also have a Sony Ericsson T68i. It auto reconnects easily every time, but on the downside the connection quality is very poor - I can hear people very well in the car, but they tell me that my voice is constantly breaking up when I speak. Strange, as same phone with a Bluetooth headset works very well.

Trying to connect Nokia 6230 to MM bluetooth (okay, okay, stop laughing I know its ancient).

1) No

2 :lol: ) No :tomato:

Well, the Nokia N70 can dump it's entire phonebook in one hit, but you won't find a Nokia that shows signal or Battery strength and I wouldn't recommend the N70 either!

Pairing this phone was "difficult" but possible.

regards,

David

Thanks for replies to my Nokia query - I have been a Nokia devotee for some 12 years now - due to features, menus, style, durability etc...

but yes you are right current Nokia's don't offer good integration with the MM system.

Someone earlier in this thread suggested taking a look at the Bluetooth connectivity section on Lexus.com.

Had a look on Lexus.com and for example they list the SE W810i as able to do the following..

Phone Pairing - Yes

Hands Free Calling - Yes

Transfer Single Contacts - Yes

Transfer Multiple Contacts - Yes

Auto Connect - Yes

Audio Transfer (to phone) - Yes

Audio Transfer (to car) - Yes

Auto-Answer Call - Yes

Incoming Caller ID Display - Yes

Signal Strength Display - Yes

Although they make no mention of Battery Strength display.

When you compare the same for the Nokia's they have listed there aren't nearly as many 'Yes' answers.

I'm coming round to the idea of a Sony Ericsson phone in order that I get the best from the MM.

After all I've spent nearly £3k on the MM, I might as well get a phone that integrates best with it.

Wow! I have just come across the SE W880i at only 9.4mm thick as opposed to the more normal 20mm.

It looks fairly new (and expensive) - does anyone have any experience of this?

A quick general reply:

Nokias have the most compatibility with the System 2.

SE seem to come in second, since two of it's phones have critical errors, whilst two of the nokias have minor errors (and there's more of the nokias.

All samsungs have the minor error of no voice dialing from handset when connected.

The SE W810, W850 and w800 all have good compatibility.

G

Gareth Posted Today, 07:48 AM

A quick general reply:

Nokias have the most compatibility with the System 2.

SE seem to come in second, since two of it's phones have critical errors, whilst two of the nokias have minor errors (and there's more of the nokias.

All samsungs have the minor error of no voice dialing from handset when connected.

The SE W810, W850 and w800 all have good compatibility.

G

Thanks for reply.

What's System 2 - do you mean Bluetooth V2.0?

Suprised re your comments about Nokia - reading this thread from the beginning it seemed Nokia were 2nd to SE.

Where do you manage to get your info from re:minor/criictal errors?

I have the spreadshhet by TMTI ltd on behalf of Lexus, but it doesn't give all of the detail in terms of functionality with each phone.

If SE W810, W850 and w800 all have good compatibility - where can I find out if SE W880i has good compatibilty?

System 2 = Lexus System 2, as opposed to system 1, which was on the RX300.

The information on the errors is from the same spreadsheet you're looking at, from tmti.

There's notes in the cells to say what extra information there is, and the numbers refer to a key at the bottom saying what the errors are.

Gareth Posted Today, 12:33 PM

System 2 = Lexus System 2, as opposed to system 1, which was on the RX300.

The information on the errors is from the same spreadsheet you're looking at, from tmti.

There's notes in the cells to say what extra information there is, and the numbers refer to a key at the bottom saying what the errors are.

Ah, silly me - or Daft Yorkshire Lad as some have called me.

Thanks Gareth all makes sense now.

Has anyone had any problems with bluetooth connection between the Sirocco 8800 and Lexus IS250? Every time when I stop and start the engine I must put passkey again to the phone. Car system shows - connected successfully but dond´t recognise the phone. I can make and receive phonecalls normaly via car bluetooth system.

Same here, the system doesnt seem to automatically connect - any solution?

Javeed

Has anyone had any problems with bluetooth connection between the Sirocco 8800 and Lexus IS250? Every time when I stop and start the engine I must put passkey again to the phone. Car system shows - connected successfully but dond´t recognise the phone. I can make and receive phonecalls normaly via car bluetooth system.

Javeed

8800d has 3.51 software. I´ll try to update phone software to 3.93 and lets see.

• 2 weeks later...

Javeed

8800d has 3.51 software. I´ll try to update phone software to 3.93 and lets see.

:D Update works!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Don't worry I am not laughing at the 6230 - great liitle phone which I have been using for two and a half years and never had a connection problem. Then I bought a Nokia E50 and all my problems started! Had to reset the phone so many times in the end I got rid of it.

I don't think there are any Nokia phones that will allow you to transfer the whole phone book. The new Nokia 6300 (great phone by the way) which I have just upgraded to shows Battery and signal strength. It also has a feature to allow you to mark all contacts and transfer them by Bluetooth. I tried this while waiting in traffic one day but it did not work. Might give it another go when I have actually RTFM! :rolleyes:

I have a SE 750i which pairs perfectly with the MM system. Recently got a Nokia 6300 and transferred all the numbers from the SE to the Nokia using the SIM.

Paired the new Nokia with the MM and it works perfectly, signal strength and Battery displays and the "old" data transferred using the SE works fine in the car using the new phone.

Very impressed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links