Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rumbling Sound

RobIS200s

hi guys i have a niggle with my new t plate is200s auto :excl:

now and then when it feels like it the car will rumble as if i have just driven over a drain lid or rumble strip. it seems to do it mainly around 35-40mph and only does it for about a second but the other night it hung on for a little longer. the sound and vibration seems to originate from the rear wheels. my 3000 mile warranty is nearly up so would like to know if this is a problem and if it is, what is the cause?

has it happend to anyone else?

many thanks in advance

Regards

Rob

Yes it is a problem. Take it and try and get it sorted under warranty.

Could be a bucled wheel or tyre with a bulge or maybe a sticking calliper.

i dont think its any wheels prob as does it only now and again and comes on strong and off just as quick i wonder whether or not its abs cutting in for no reason or traction control maybe? or even auto box changing but i dont think it is the box??

the other prob i have is the burbling water noise when first started, will check coolant tomorrow.

cheers

Rob

Sounds like a sticking caliper......Check for heat

thanks will do but if it was sticking surely it would be all the time and at various speeds not just at 40??its can happen even if i havent braked for a long time could put cruise on at forty and 3 miles later it could do it??

thanks for suggestions

water noise means the heater unit has not been bled properly after a coolant change

i'm guessing that bleeding it should be easy enough??

water noise means the heater unit has not been bled properly after a coolant change

i'm guessing that bleeding it should be easy enough??

yes easy enough - even easier if the front of the car is higher than the rear so the air will go to the highest point - ie the radiator.

have a search this has been brought up quite a lot and there are full details available

This burbling sound is caused by air in the cooling system , specifically the Heater matrix. I get rid on this by parking the car with the front higher than the rear , filling the coolant bottle right to the top , idle the vehicle with the radiator cap removed while continually filling the radiator with coolant. You will see the trapped air bubble out as the car warms up. ( do this for about 5 minutes )

A hole in the radiator would be a terminal problem where the car would overheat due to the loss of coolant. The burbling sound is a gurgling noise from under the dash when idling and/or as you pull of. This does not affect the running of the vehicle at all it is just irritating. This a very common and well documented problem with the IS200.