Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Adie

I'm after some 18" tyres for my TTE Chicane wheels. I was looking to get probably 225 /40 but fear they might rub on the arches as the car is on coilovers. Then I was looking for 225 / 35. But I need a bit more rubber on the wheel because of traction.

I'm now after 235 /35. I've looked everywhere for some but the only wheels I can find are Pirelli Pzero. Does anybody know where I can get some from? Preferably Toyo Proxes.

I've tried blackcircle, mytres etc

Thanks

Nah 7.5 wouldn't do

Your probably better off in the long run sticking on 235/40/18... for more choice and a bit more comfort

speedo will be slightly out though..... :blush: EDIt with 235/40/18 your speed is off by 3%, so if your speedo said 100 mph you would be actually doing 103mph

35 sidewalls are very thin and severe....how good are the roads in your area?, ........ so bad around here i was thinking of getting 16" alloys.... :lol:

Not sure mate. They are the TTE Chicanes. On the TDI site it says 7.5J x 18 and to use 225/40/18

mine are 7.5 x 18 and have 225/40/18

with an offset of 42

they dont rub on the arches whatsoever, and my car is quite low :whistling:

standard lexus wheels will be between 45 and 50mm offset, allowing a little more room

Not sure mate. They are the TTE Chicanes. On the TDI site it says 7.5J x 18 and to use 225/40/18

with an offset of 42

standard lexus wheels will be between 45 and 50mm offset, allowing a little more room

Thanks Barrie. I'll go for the 225/40/18's

I'm after some 18" tyres for my TTE Chicane wheels. I was looking to get probably 225 /40 but fear they might rub on the arches as the car is on coilovers. Then I was looking for 225 / 35. But I need a bit more rubber on the wheel because of traction.

I'm now after 235 /35. I've looked everywhere for some but the only wheels I can find are Pirelli Pzero. Does anybody know where I can get some from? Preferably Toyo Proxes.

I've tried blackcircle, mytres etc

Thanks

Is that all they are 7.5j my wheels i have are 9j i have 225/35 all round, Pzero,s :winky:

I have a mate who,s the manager of Kwik-fit by me........and he is going to get me some 235/35 just for the back end £80 each :whistling:

TTE chicanes are ET 50 and 225/40/18 fit perfect even with a drop of - 50 mm (at least the do on mine), in fact you might even want some spacers (5 mm in front 10-15 mm at the rear).

235/35's on Chicanes fit OK with an 80mm drop....just some minor rubbling at full lock

• 4 weeks later...

TTE chicanes are ET 50 and 225/40/18 fit perfect even with a drop of - 50 mm (at least the do on mine), in fact you might even want some spacers (5 mm in front 10-15 mm at the rear).

235/35's on Chicanes fit OK with an 80mm drop....just some minor rubbling at full lock

my 18x225x40's rub like hell

with an offset of 42

bazza, was actually thinking about you the other day,, and yes in a totally sexual way..

ive got TTE's with 225 40 18's 42 offset.

ive seen doc bones.

yet i still get rubbing on the front passenger side when i corner hard.. and even more so when i have one extra person in the car.. yet im higher than yours...

does doc have your geo settings, perhaps we can compare and see whats what..

with an offset of 42

bazza, was actually thinking about you the other day,, and yes in a totally sexual way..

ive got TTE's with 225 40 18's 42 offset.

ive seen doc bones.

yet i still get rubbing on the front passenger side when i corner hard.. and even more so when i have one extra person in the car.. yet im higher than yours...

does doc have your geo settings, perhaps we can compare and see whats what..

well you better join the queue :lol:

the doc doesnt have them :crybaby:

mine was set up by abbey motorsports, because it was too low for tony

but i have them :D

sitting in front of me

have you or tony got a fax ?