Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1994 Ls400/celsior Front Pad Wear Sensors

I have a faulty n/s/f brake pad wear sensor ( like the wires have parted company with the pickup) I contacted the local toyota dealer as mine is the Celsior and was quoted £47.00 + vat.

Is this about right or can someone do better?

Cheers,

Steve

I have a faulty n/s/f brake pad wear sensor ( like the wires have parted company with the pickup) I contacted the local toyota dealer as mine is the Celsior and was quoted £47.00 + vat.

Cheers,

Steve

Thats about the price.

You can join the two wires together to make the light on the dash go out.

Cheers,

Steve

Thats about the price.

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for the reply luckily only one side has the problem and as the pads are new I have shorted out the sensor wires and will check pads wear by sight.

Cheers,

Steve

Sure that join ? I have the same problem with dash light :-( Yesterday I separated (it is wrong ?) harneses and light on dash still is ON :( From your mail I assume that wires must be joined ? Please confirm this OK ?

Sure that join ? I have the same problem with dash light :-( Yesterday I separated (it is wrong ?) harneses and light on dash still is ON :( From your mail I assume that wires must be joined ? Please confirm this OK ?

Yeah, join them together mate. :D

Hi,

To confirm the two wires to the pad sensor must be joined together to bypass the sensor and put out the dash light.

The way I did it was ( as the wires had already come off the sensor) strip back the outer sleeving then bear the ends of the 2 wires, twist them together and then use tape to seal up and then secure the stub out of harms way with a cable tie.

The dash light should then go out ( but remember the light only goes out after the engine is started)

If the light doesn't go out after doing this you may have another faulty sensor.

I am doing a bit of research into these sensors to see if they can be remanufactured as it is only the pad part that fails generally through corrosion of the wires going into it and at 47.00 GBP plus tax there must be a cheaper solution.

Good luck with the repair,

Steve

• 1 year later...

Its a bit more than a couple of wires though and it is probably worth more than a few pence. I was going to put a blob of solder to join the wores again and reposition it and it might work properly again.

The light goes on on the dash if the brake lights are kaput also!

good luck.....

• 5 weeks later...

Cheers,

Steve

go onto Mtcparts.com in the USA - you may need to e-mail them, they sell them at $15 so I bought 6 4 rear as my MK 2 needed 2 and 2 rear and 2 front spare (these also fit MK3) which was good as I bough a MK 3 whihc needed 2 new brake pad sensors.

I think all in all for the 6 plus postage etc it came to around $75 ie £35 or so

Its a bit more than a couple of wires though and it is probably worth more than a few pence. I was going to put a blob of solder to join the wores again and reposition it and it might work properly again.

The light goes on on the dash if the brake lights are kaput also!

good luck.....

go onto MTCparts.com they sell them for around $15 - £7-£8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links