Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Colour Question

Revolution

Is BRIGHT YELLOW a genuine Lexus colour for the IS200?

I've done a bit of research and I think that it might be a very limited edition, I've seen a quantity of 50 mentioned.

Can anyone confirm this for me please?

What year(s) did they produce this colour, and does anyone know the paint code?

Thank you!

I've done a bit of research and I think that it might be a very limited edition, I've seen a quantity of 50 mentioned.

Thank you!

i can confirm that they were a limited run, i think it was 2002 regards paint code, ill go look it up

Thank you!

i can confirm that they were a limited run, i think it was 2002 regards paint code, ill go look it up

So if a circa 1999 IS200 is BRIGHT YELLOW then something's not quite right? Perhaps it's an Altezza with IS200 badges? How can you tell the difference between an IS200 and Altezza?

Thank you!

So if a circa 1999 IS200 is BRIGHT YELLOW then something's not quite right? Perhaps it's an Altezza with IS200 badges? How can you tell the difference between an IS200 and Altezza?

engine normally unless it is a 6 cylinder altezza, there are other ways of telling......

but they require some serious looking to spot

Thank you!

engine normally unless it is a 6 cylinder altezza, there are other ways of telling......

look at the interior, it should be the half leather, should have a sunroof, the speedo clocks will go upto 140mph, the rear boot inner lights will be fog lights not brake lights

ideally a link to the car would help....if one is available

Thank you!

Thank you!

look at the interior, it should be the half leather, should have a sunroof, the speedo clocks will go upto 140mph, the rear boot inner lights will be fog lights not brake lights

ideally a link to the car would help....if one is available

No link available.

It is badged as an IS200 sport. It definitely has "sport" etched? into the rear side glass, a subtle bodykit and the larger diameter alloys. I've only looked at it from the outside, will be going for a much closer look tomorrow.

My ex had an IS200 sport, so I am a little familiar with them, but not so familiar with the Altezza.

Thanks for your help.

This is slightly :offtopic: , but there was a used IS300 in yellow on the Lexus website not long ago. I'm guessing dealers don't sell Altezzas, and I don't remember Lexus doing the IS in yellow, so was it perhaps a European import? (did they do the IS in yellow in Europe?)

Tradesales in slough had some yellow european imports once.

Oops! I just lost everything I wrote. I'll try again:

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I just saw this Yellow IS200 and I was attracted to it - never seen a Yellow one before!

I suppose it's an unlikely colour for such a car, but it really works!

Anyway I won't be able to have a proper look for a couple of weeks as the owner is away on holiday, and hopefully then I'll be able to unravel the mystery.

I was hoping to get the car in time for Japfest, but not to worry, I'll be in my Skyline R32 GTR V-Spec II instead (it's for sale by the way).

Do you attend Japfest? If so I'll see you there (my Skyline might be in the show 'n shine).

I just saw this Yellow IS200 and I was attracted to it - never seen a Yellow one before!

Anyway I won't be able to have a proper look for a couple of weeks as the owner is away on holiday, and hopefully then I'll be able to unravel the mystery.

I was hoping to get the car in time for Japfest, but not to worry, I'll be in my Skyline R32 GTR V-Spec II instead (it's for sale by the way).

Do you attend Japfest? If so I'll see you there (my Skyline might be in the show 'n shine).

nice motor, is this it?

75130-4.jpg

nice motor, is this it?

75130-4.jpg

Yes, 10/10 for spotting it.

It's actually now on an age related L prefix plate due to a cherised transfer. I guess most people here won't know too much about Skylines, but in simple terms this is one of the last R32 GTR's built (1994).

I don't want to go off topic here, but "nice" doesn't come close to describing this car :D

See www.pistonheads.com for a full description and photos.

Ok the yellow IS200 came out as a limited run around 2003, there was approx 90 units produced, which worked out roughly at one unit per network dealer

Basically it was an IS200 sport with styling kit and painted Sahara Yellow (can't remember the exact code, will check it tomorrow. It may be 585)

Lexus classed it as the "IS200 Focus"

Any cars seen before this year would more than likely be an Altezza as it was a standard colour for that model.

Here is the one we sold,

P1010010.sized.jpg

P1010011_001.sized.jpg

P1010012.sized.jpg

P1010013.sized.jpg

P1010014.sized.jpg

P1010015_001.sized.jpg

P1010016.sized.jpg

P1010017_001.sized.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links