Is250 Auto - "ect Power" Button

IS250 Auto - "ECT Power" button  

19 members have voted

1. 1. To what extent do you use the "ECT Power" button

• All the time
    • When I'm in a hurry
    • Never
    • What ECT Power button?

I got my IS250 last week and diascovered the button (well hidden) a few days later. The car feels a little sharper with it, so I leave it switched on most of the time, what do others think?

I got my IS250 last week and diascovered the button (well hidden) a few days later. The car feels a little sharper with it, so I leave it switched on most of the time, what do others think?

I would assume this has a negative effect on fuel consumption.

What kind of mpg are you getting

The button isn't actually connected to anything - it works purely on the placebo effect. You press the button and you think the car goes faster. You can prove my theory by adding a second ECT Power button in a blank switch space. If you have 2 buttons to press the car goes even quicker.

I tried it a few times and it does make a difference but the fuel economy just went into freefall :o

Same for me. Interestingly, according to the trip computer I got 43mpg yesterday with the ECT button set to off! Mainly motorways (sticking to 70mph) but not exclusively. I was a bit surprised.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links