Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You Never See A New Is On The Road

There was me on the M1 near the M25j yesterday and a Cadoxton approaching fast on the outside lane....Just as he/she was about to overtake I jumped in front...

Boy that must have been a shocker (Sorry if you're reading this....)

I wouldn't normally do that...it's a Lexus thing.

One things for sure, in this car (dunno if applies to all Lex) people always want to overtake you from the left....motorbikes and Merc's especially...

Why? Do they think I'm and old guy dawdling along in an old mans car? I'd like to think that I have good lane discipline...

i have to say, i see more of the new one than i did up till last year of the old one.... and thats in the uk!

in california, they're everywhere (as common as 3 series are here)!!!

i saw one being towed by a tow truck LOL

lol

on my daily commute i usually see the same cars (obviosuly) but 4 IS250 and 3 IS200s (2 are lady drivers )

Probably ran out of diesel :lol:

Or it was more economical to tow it...

Now you've got me gaffing about my pride and joy.... :duh:

I see at least one now on each motorway journey, so they're getting more common...

1 new Lexus for 50 Beemer 3 series....

Probably ran out of diesel :lol:

Or it was more economical to tow it...

Now you've got me gaffing about my pride and joy.... :duh:

I see at least one now on each motorway journey, so they're getting more common...

1 new Lexus for 50 Beemer 3 series....

Seriously probably the seat belt jam problem.

I had to get mine towed taken back to the dealer as it was illegal to drive and I wasn't going to risk it.

There was me on the M1 near the M25j yesterday and a Cadoxton approaching fast on the outside lane....Just as he/she was about to overtake I jumped in front...

One things for sure, in this car (dunno if applies to all Lex) people always want to overtake you from the left....motorbikes and Merc's especially...

Why? Do they think I'm and old guy dawdling along in an old mans car? I'd like to think that I have good lane discipline...

Am I reading this right?

A car is approaching you fast in the outside lane, and you pulled out in front of him. Sounds like a damned stupid thing to do, were you testing his brakes for him or acceleration the onslought of a heart attack?

Then you complain about cars passing you on the left, what the heck were you doing in the right hand lane if there was room to your left?

When you mentioned good lane discipline, it sound like you sit in the middle lane all the time.

Hope i'm wrong with this Jamboo, but thats how it reads to me. :rolleyes:

Am I reading this right?

A car is approaching you fast in the outside lane, and you pulled out in front of him. Sounds like a damned stupid thing to do, were you testing his brakes for him or acceleration the onslought of a heart attack?

Then you complain about cars passing you on the left, what the heck were you doing in the right hand lane if there was room to your left?

When you mentioned good lane discipline, it sound like you sit in the middle lane all the time.

Hope i'm wrong with this Jamboo, but thats how it reads to me. :rolleyes:

I was sitting with cruise on at 7x mph, he was approaching at 85ish...the inside lane was chokka at that time....and I did indicate and floor it... :lol:

It wasn't that bad actually. The Slate was miles away, I used my "Lex radar" & could see him/her with those huge door mirrors, approaching....and it was safe....no I don't hog the middle lane at all....and he/she didn't have to throw the anchor out...

I'm one of those courteous pussy cat :cat: motorway drivers, who lets people in, flashes artic's and keeps to the left whenever I can...I just hate motor cyclists who "lane split" and drivers who think they can always undertake...

PS when I said it must have been a shocker, I was referring to the fact that he/she saw another IS spring in front...

Jamboo did I read that right your thinking of changing to a 3 series?

personally I know of 2 other drivers 1 of wich had an altezza and the other a citreon xsara coupe who both thought they were getting an upgrade when buying a 3 series

And after a few months both were dissapointed especially the altezza driver he can't wait to finish paying the BM and go back to Lexus

Just my thoughts mate too many bm's on the road i know when i'm driving my IS at least it's a bit more unique and even 7 years old it still gets the looks

G

Jamboo did I read that right your thinking of changing to a 3 series?

personally I know of 2 other drivers 1 of wich had an altezza and the other a citreon xsara coupe who both thought they were getting an upgrade when buying a 3 series

And after a few months both were dissapointed especially the altezza driver he can't wait to finish paying the BM and go back to Lexus

Just my thoughts mate too many bm's on the road i know when i'm driving my IS at least it's a bit more unique and even 7 years old it still gets the looks

G

:offtopic: ermmmmm.... :huh: Nope!

I would never touch anything other than Lexus or Audi for the forseeable future. I don't have any loyalties to manufacturers at all - that way I'm able to make a "proper" judgement when spending so much of my hard earned cash...Where did you hear that?

Just for the record I personally think that the Lexus is still the best all rounder. It's not the biggest or the fastest or the most economical (220d that is), but from a VFM and quality it beats all of them except the A4. That's the closest, but that too is dull inside though it's plastics and build from my experience is actually better than the Lex in some quarts. Just look at the door hinges and retaining mechanism on an A4 - it is so over engineered...and I never heard a rattle or squeak in almost 3.5 years...

BMW 3 (and C class Merc) is just about the worst for VFM, it's plain dear, and if you buy one loaded you see hardly anything back at all at resale. And it's dull, common as you say and boring inside and rides badly!! The paintwork is orange peel all over and the fit and finish are not really at Lexus or Audi levels...and the 5 is too big and ugly!

So you can see G that I would never go down that route... :blush:

Back on topic - I'm glad that there aren't too many of these new Gen IS's about. It makes them feel so special. I've said it before and to me it has some thing "Swiss watch" about it...I went to a mates do at the weekend (just close family and friends - 500 peeps) and the car got so many admiring accolades from Merc and BMW owners in the car park... :hehe: To me that said it all...when an audiophile listened to the MLS and said it would be his next car just for the sound system alone!! He was off to Lex to PEX his Jag at the weekend!!!!!!!!

Ya Never See my Lexus On the road Collected 1st March 2006 IS250 Sport MultiMedia so far it has been in the Dealers 19 days.

One day i might get to drive it ????

Hi Whats's wrong with yuor car if you dont mind my asking are you with Woodfod lexus ..if so James does take time over warranty work but its worthit as he does get it sorted

alan

went to the Newcastle Dealer today, only one new IS in. The IS220d in Mesa red! I am travelling down to Coventry on Thursday to hopefully pick up my new baby. (IS250 SE-L Auto MM).

Finger crossed everything is ok with it!