Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Group Buy - Led "pulse" Brake Light Bulbs

Mr Morse

Guys.......I was not aware of the requirement to fit LR's across the bulbs as noted in previous threads in this post.

I've already gone out of my way to supply the LR's as soon as possible and they are now already to send out to you all. :D

I'll also take some pics and post them up here so everyone know what to do :D

Mike,

Everyone appreciates your efforts

I take it you wont be organising another GB soon !!!

:-)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine this morning with the LR (which i hadn't even paid for yet!)

So thanks for Mike for organising this one, i'll pop a tenner into your account later today :)

I'd just like to say thanks to Mike for organizing this LED Pulse Brake Light action. I received mine this morning, so I'm gonna fit them very shortly.

I shall post round a vid clip of them working in my Lex. I've got a centre brake light mod y'all might me interesting in seeing.

Thanks again Mike,

Stuart.

Try connecting the LR across the green/white (brake) wire and the white/black (earth) wire. This should cure the error light.

The other green (sidelights) wire shouldn't be connected

Edited by Mr Morse

I have fitted mine

no lights came on the dash board however there was no flashing when i was stopping?

Just standard stop light

anyone help

Sounds like you need to check the fitment of the bulbs in the holders. Push them in the holders firmly. Also try turning them 180 degrees since LED's are polarity sensitive.

I have fitted mine

no lights came on the dash board however there was no flashing when i was stopping?

Just standard stop light

anyone help

Sounds like you need to check the fitment of the bulbs in the holders. Push them in the holders firmly. Also try turning them 180 degrees since LED's are polarity sensitive.

ok will give a try 2morrow will keep ya updated

Again thanks for the products

Do you need my bank details

Okay.....Kazi's was the first car where we fitted the bulbs and the load resistors.

- Wired a resistor each side across the brake (green/white) and the earth (white/black)

Result:

- With sidelights off, no warning light when brake is applied

- With sidelights on, warning light shows

:blink: :duh: :yawn::unsure:

I had a couple of spare LR's with me, so next up we tried:

- Wired a second resistor each side across the sidelight (green) and the earth

Result:

- With sidelights on, no warning light

Conclusion:

- Requires 2 x 6ohm resistors each side, one between earth/brake, one between earth/sidelights. Please PM Kazi or I_Love_My_LexusIS200 (Rob) for independent confirmation.

Now, I know that many of you will be peed off at all this by now, but it's a first in UK and it's been a big learning curve. Now we have confirmed the problem and found the solution. :D

As a gesture, I'm prepared to supply addition pairs of 6 ohm load resistors at £5 a pair to anyone who wants them. At this price I'm taking a hit but am prepared to do it as an act of faith! :D

Okay.....Kazi's was the first car where we fitted the bulbs and the load resistors.

- Wired a resistor each side across the brake (green/white) and the earth (white/black)

Result:

- With sidelights on, warning light shows

:blink: :duh: :yawn::unsure:

I had a couple of spare LR's with me, so next up we tried:

- Wired a second resistor each side across the sidelight (green) and the earth

Result:

- With sidelights on, no warning light

Conclusion:

- Requires 2 x 6ohm resistors each side, one between earth/brake, one between earth/sidelights. Please PM Kazi or I_Love_My_LexusIS200 (Rob) for independent confirmation.

Now, I know that many of you will be peed off at all this by now, but it's a first in UK and it's been a big learning curve. Now we have confirmed the problem and found the solution. :D

As a gesture, I'm prepared to supply addition pairs of 6 ohm load resistors at £5 a pair to anyone who wants them. At this price I'm taking a hit but am prepared to do it as an act of faith! :D

yep i will take them

just take it off the extra money paid in

do you need my address again

Mike, only the one set of LR's are needed i think :D

initially, the warning light came on, but it switched off after a few seconds and works fine now. :D :D

No warnings lights and all bulbs working :winky:

You're welcome guys :D

There's an update with pics on how to wire up the LR's in the workshop thread. Please PM me with any queries, but I'll be away in Africa from 30/06 and won't pick up messages too often.

Bugger, I bought an extra set of Resistors!! :lol: I'll have a go at removing mine Mike when im backl from my hols, before if I get chance but see if it makes a difference as there will be less heat from just one either side so that would please moi to. The i'll see what happens.

Nice to meet you Rob and always a pleasure to see the other usual suspects :D

you to mate :D

don't be putting pints on the floor in future though :lol::tomato::lol:

I'll bear that in mind if your about again, you being clumsy and all....... :tomato:

:D

you to mate :D

don't be putting pints on the floor in future though :lol::tomato::lol:

I'll bear that in mind if your about again, you being clumsy and all....... :tomato:

:D

:blush: B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links