Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New User

figo7

Hi im a new user and have recently acquired a 02plate Lexus Is200 SE, how I got it is a long story but a few questions that hopefully some of you experts can answer >>

1. I have only one key/alarmfob thing, how much would it cost to get a spare key/alarm fob.

2. On a couple of the alloys there are signs of rustiness where the silver layer has come off, is this fixable? how much would a new set cost from lexus?

3. The last service it had was 13k miles ago, how much would a service cost via Lexus?

4. A few small scratches on it, whats the best way of getting rid of them?

Regards

Hi im a new user and have recently acquired a 02plate Lexus Is200 SE, how I got it is a long story but a few questions that hopefully some of you experts can answer >>

I'm not an expert but i'll have a go........

1. I have only one key/alarmfob thing, how much would it cost to get a spare key/alarm fob.

I've heard they £100+ from the dealers, they crop up on ebay cheaper but you will need to have it programmed to your car (i think).

2. On a couple of the alloys there are signs of rustiness where the silver layer has come off, is this fixable? how much would a new set cost from lexus?

A new set will set you back £500+ from dealers. Can be refurbed for about £40 each depending how badly corroded they are. Common fault with most is200 wheels.

3. The last service it had was 13k miles ago, how much would a service cost via Lexus?

Depends on you milage, Chris S has posted a full list of service prices on this forum.

4. A few small scratches on it, whats the best way of getting rid of them?

Depends how deep they are but Mequires scratch X is good for light scratches / swirls.

Regards

Hope this helps........

Figo,

Shame I seen Lexus key on eBay couple of weeks ago for just a few quid I just had a quick browse and it's gone mate,

when you do get a key contact me or just look through the topics you don't need to take the key to a dealer you can program the key yourself it's just a couple of quick procedures lexus will charge £45 plus vat to program keys frustrating when it's something you can do yourself,

I just had a service at private garage £110

Hope this helps

G