Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

Hello folks!

I have recently purchased a Lexus IS 200 - 2002 model. I am about to mount a turbokit from Prolex (Garret T28B Turbo) and a cooler. Will also have a fuel-upgrade (as the IS 200 runs slightly lean), racing-logic coilovers, 3" Exhaust and perhaps a big-brake kit. Any suggestions for nice rims and what size would fit my car? I am from Norway, and will drive my car to the U.K just to get the turbo fitted! Honestly, I would drive to Pakistan if that meant I would get 250 bhp! :wub:

Will add pictures and a video when I finish the car. Any suggestions on a subtle body-kit? URL's would be appreciated! The car, now, looks more stock than a Ford Fiesta!

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TSJYYYYYY VROOOOOOOM!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you get 250bhp from the kit though?

I dont think so.

Ad77 is getting 216 bhp at the wheels that should be around 260+ at the fly :D

I dont think so.

Yeah but that wasnt just from that kit. He has had loads more work done.

I dont think so.

I have had loads more done to it

Nico is having the fuel line upgrade - prolex down pipe - full 3" prolex exhaust system - hi flow cat - greddy emanage ECU - special induction mod on bumper

So same spec as mine which now produces 246 bhp :winky: @ .5 bar

We may fit a camcon if funds allow..............

I dont think so.

I have had loads more done to it

Mr E beat me to it :D

I know that you have done a lot more mate, like I said you are running 260+ at the fly. Say transmission losses are around 50-60 bhp then you have around 265 - 275 at the fly so 250 is not out of the question.

I dont think so.

Sure, m8! With the turbo/cooler/exhaust/Induction/Greddy Emanage/Fuel upgrade i probably will surpass 250 bhp! :)

That was my thinking too :) you should get 250bhp out of the kit, as i know Daves car was near to that when he let me have a drive at the manchester meet last yr :D

Dude, you drove Daves car? That crappy old thing!? Will give you a ride in my wheels when it is done! :P :winky:

Gord is that far oooop north he doesn't just have a flat cap and a whippet, he owns the flat cap factory and breeds the hounds !!

:winky: :tomato:

R you are wight, used to work in the nicker factory tooo head sniffer :lol:

meet in london :D was down sarf the other week :D

will show Nico the sights :D

and I dont mean the old peoples home !

Just can't wait! The only thing I am worried about is the RH-steering! I will enter your country through Newcastle, and I will have to drive from NC to London! :sick:

Will be bringing my girlfriend too, so I hope we can perhaps spend some time over there and visit the sites and some LOC members? =)

013227.jpg -> GF

Seems an old photo that dude (gf one).

I hope that it all goes well for you mate. You will have to post some pics up of the car when its sorted.

BTW On the rims i have always said that a deep dish alloy looks the bo!!ocks or a deep split rim.

I think they are mainly an american/japanese import.

Seems an old photo that dude (gf one).

I hope that it all goes well for you mate. You will have to post some pics up of the car when its sorted.

BTW On the rims i have always said that a deep dish alloy looks the bo!!ocks or a deep split rim.

I think they are mainly an american/japanese import.

The pic of my GF is taken like 1 month ago. That web-cam sure is good, right? =) I was considering something like this: d92g93dj77yp.JPG

I guess you disagree! Please post me a link to what type of rims you would recommend! I am HOPELESS at deciding things like this on my own!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah. The car is now @ Prolex. awesome! what a great little company! Far beyond my expectations. Hope the funds will allow heaps of mods. However when my sound system was stolen from my old car I lost 1000 quid in sales value, another 1800 quid in purchasing a new one and I have not been able to sell my car as it now has not even a cd-player. This sucks! I had a bid for 2500 for the car with some of the stereo and he backed out. well.. I can get perhaps 2000 quid for the car now, this means the burglary cost me:

£ 3200 quid. That's just great isn't it!?

yeah. The car is now @ Prolex. awesome! what a great little company! Far beyond my expectations. Hope the funds will allow heaps of mods. However when my sound system was stolen from my old car I lost 1000 quid in sales value, another 1800 quid in purchasing a new one and I have not been able to sell my car as it now has not even a cd-player. This sucks! I had a bid for 2500 for the car with some of the stereo and he backed out. well.. I can get perhaps 2000 quid for the car now, this means the burglary cost me:

Wouldn't your insurance cover for the audio kit?

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't your insurance cover for the audio kit?

It won't! :(

Update:

The car is still at Prolex in London. Can't wait to get the car back! Pictures coming soon of the progress!

• 1 month later...

Pics

Standard

Lexus%20IS%20200%20009.jpg

Standard

26052006086.jpg

I had a small post in Norways biggest tuning-magazine. It's in norwegian though

gatebil.JPG

Windows tinted

sota.jpg

sota2.jpg

Stock Engine

motor1.jpg

Stock engine without covers

motor2.jpg

Turbo

motor4.jpg

Exhaust

sos1.jpg

sos2.jpg

stuss.jpg

kat.jpg

Pods stock

holder1.jpg

Pods leather trimmed with the same leather as my steering wheel

pod1.jpg

That's all for now! Soon I will post pics of my brakes and my front bumper modified with the intercooler! :)

Fantastic stuff mate :D

Did you get all this done over at Prolex then mate?

Didn't realise you'd actually started, now you've got the turbo already fitted!

Are you happy with the car now she is modified?

Congratulations mate :)