Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

Members are asking you Nico because its your car.......so is it finished or not? why wait for Prolex to answer these q's were all eagerly waiting for this project to come to fruition to see the end result.

:D

I just got a call from Prolex, the clutch is broken and the car is not running now. This is stunning as I am going to pick it up on Friday, and that has put major dents in my plans.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Members are asking you Nico because its your car.......so is it finished or not? why wait for Prolex to answer these q's were all eagerly waiting for this project to come to fruition to see the end result.

:D

I just got a call from Prolex, the clutch is broken and the car is not running now. This is stunning as I am going to pick it up on Friday, and that has put major dents in my plans.

The standard Lexus clutch started to slip when on higher boost runs. To avoid any possible hot spot damage to the OEM flywheel we aborted any further runs and have advised Nico of possible options.

erm.....ive been away a while.....so just found this topic while trying to catch up......

i thought you was bringing this to JAE....?

i know the monster took a long time....and it did drag now and again , but that was the agreement, it was a side line project.

id have thought a clutch change would have been a default option on a turbo upgrade

heres hoping its all sorted out soon.......

is not friday still manageable less than a day to fit clutch and fly wheel in proper premises then quick power run all sorted so what is youe expected date ???

It would be no problem as they have the parts needed, however they don't have their own dyno and need to book in advance. Prolex told me it was now busy with a pro racing team, and so it will be hard to get it dynod. However they would be able to fit the clutch by tomorrow. That gives us friday evening to dyno it, this will be tight. I am arriving Stanstead Friday evening at eleven. The ferry ticket is booked for saturday.

if it is just a power run surely there is more than 1 dyno place in london may be TDI could do a power run to help out

if the clutch has been slipping will this effect the mapping ??

because if the clutch slipped during boost surely it would have slipped

during mapping just a thought

i didnt think these turbo kits ran at high boosts

not without internal engine upgrades

i thought they were on about the same as the superchargers,

the standard clutch is fine with the charger :yawn:

what sort of mileage had it covered ?

i will cross my fingers for you,

i didnt think these turbo kits ran at high boosts

not without internal engine upgrades

i thought they were on about the same as the superchargers,

the standard clutch is fine with the charger :yawn:

what sort of mileage had it covered ?

i will cross my fingers for you,

Anyway. Clutch will be changed. dyno is not available, leaving me with problems getting my car back. Can't believe that is everything that is going to seperate me from this working. I won't let it!

Is the car mapped :question:

But you've got no dyno sheet / figures to prove power etc :question:

This thread is a bl00dy comedy! I have been going through it and it has to be, for an outsider, comic!

No, the car is not dyno'd yet, it will be on saturday morning. If everything goes as planned I will catch the ferry and all will be good! If not I will have to drive through Europe. Prolex have promised me that the car will be finished on Saturday, and that is for me VERY relieving.

I am arriving Stanstead tomorrow night at 11:15. I don't know what I am going to do when I get there, anybody in the vicinity doing anything special on Friday? =)

Few corrections required methinks.

Car is mapped and had covered some 130 miles pre clutch problem.

Clutch started to slip on the final power runs so we aborted to fit new clutch.

Delay in project caused by the range of upgrades chosen and delays/glitches caused by it being a LHD car and fact that certain parts are unique to Nicos car.

In final analysis Nico will give his verdict after collecting his car.

so what are the dyno results

does nico know results are they what expected ??

The thing is, guys.. I AM PICKING MY CAR UP ON SATURDAY! I can't wait! Had a very reassuring talk to Dave and his guys and they have told me that everything is, in many ways, in order! :)

I will bring a videocamera and will record my first sight of the car, so that I can share the moment with you guys. After that I am going to make a vid of the car for my friends to see, I will share it with you if you are interested!

The thing is, guys.. I AM PICKING MY CAR UP ON SATURDAY! I can't wait! Had a very reassuring talk to Dave and his guys and they have told me that everything is, in many ways, in order! :)

I will bring a videocamera and will record my first sight of the car, so that I can share the moment with you guys. After that I am going to make a vid of the car for my friends to see, I will share it with you if you are interested!

nico this is fantastic

i have dealt with dave and had had no probs i am sure you will be over the moon

but what BHP is it now turning out and are you pleased with what you have got

daz

Will this be like a Pimp my Ride moment?

Its all very exciting, Hope all goes well for you!

nico this is fantastic

i have dealt with dave and had had no probs i am sure you will be over the moon

but what BHP is it now turning out and are you pleased with what you have got

daz

I'm going to run 1 more HP than you... Don't care if it's safe, just as long as I can shine you off! No, just kidding.. Approx 240-250? I'm more interested in trying to handle the power with OEM suspension. Dave has nagged more than my mother about this, telling me that I have to take it easy until we can upgrade the suspension.. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links