Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really wish to but in but it bugs me to see this stuff going on.

from what i gather nico doesnt have the money to come back over?

he owes you money because the job isnt complete?

surely the answer would be that prolex pay for him to come back over (by means of sending tickets or suchlike) and then nico gives you the remaining balance on completion?

from an outsiders view it does seem to me imo that prolex havent completed the job correctly and nico is well within his rights to hold some money back, and if prolex are offering to pay to have nico and the car back over then that is nothing to do with the remaining balance!

but imo, ive dealt with a company when i had my del sol repaired that absolutely botched it right up. i couldnt even bare to let them get there hands on it again. i took it as a lesson learnt from that experiance and will be getting another company to fix the problems they caused.

sorry if ive annoyed anyone with these comments but it is a public forum and it does say that i can post a reply.

Don't 100% agree with this, if Dave advised Nico on when to take the car back etc etc, it was then Nicos choice to ignore this or go against Daves advice.

I understand things take time and other factors can become an issue with work etc etc. Think the alot of people on here are jumping on the same old band wagon and popping at each other. This time unfortunaly its Dave @ Prolex thats being bad mouthed.

In previous disputes not that dis simular to this, moderators have had alot to say in the defence of other traders.

i dont really wish to but in but it bugs me to see this stuff going on.

from what i gather nico doesnt have the money to come back over?

he owes you money because the job isnt complete?

surely the answer would be that prolex pay for him to come back over (by means of sending tickets or suchlike) and then nico gives you the remaining balance on completion?

from an outsiders view it does seem to me imo that prolex havent completed the job correctly and nico is well within his rights to hold some money back, and if prolex are offering to pay to have nico and the car back over then that is nothing to do with the remaining balance!

but imo, ive dealt with a company when i had my del sol repaired that absolutely botched it right up. i couldnt even bare to let them get there hands on it again. i took it as a lesson learnt from that experiance and will be getting another company to fix the problems they caused.

sorry if ive annoyed anyone with these comments but it is a public forum and it does say that i can post a reply.

Don't 100% agree with this, if Dave advised Nico on when to take the car back etc etc, it was then Nicos choice to ignore this or go against Daves advice.

I understand things take time and other factors can become an issue with work etc etc. Think the alot of people on here are jumping on the same old band wagon and popping at each other. This time unfortunaly its Dave @ Prolex thats being bad mouthed.

In previous disputes not that dis simular to this, moderators have had alot to say in the defence of other traders.

dont totally understand what this has to do with my comment?

lol, i dont think anyone is in a possitioon KAZI to advise nico, considering that we dont now all the facts, i have a feeling that were not getting the full story from either side at the moment, so once again ill ask those that dont really know what the hell is going on to butt out

This time unfortunaly its Dave @ Prolex thats being bad mouthed.

I disagree...bad karma at the end of the day my friend!!...what goes around eventually comes around!!...it's just a matter of time before life has a bite back!! :winky:

has someone had a hitman on nico

no pics no dyno's

whats happening are thing progressing

I noticed he's posting on the American Forum. Perhaps he's had enough :whistling:

Nico has seen the dyno graph gentlemen.

Has he said it was not the stated figure ?

Still awaiting Dyno graph as promised, would you mind making me a copy?

have you seen it aint you seen it

how hard is this to resolve

1 says 1 thing another says another

:duh:

Are you actually running the car at the moment mate or is it garaged up?

Bet you're getting a lot of interest over there if she is on the roads :D

I just can't wait to see the pics, those that you posted last looked ace :)

If the car has anything like that figure in torque it must pull like a train, in fact makes me wonder how it compares to the Aristo!

I only drive to and from work at the moment with the car, as I have some problems that need sorting out. I don't want to make them worse... I had to take it to the garage for some diagnostics the other day, and the mechanics had many questions about my car (edit: inquisitive questions about the job etc.). Don't know about the torque or even if the HP is correct, as I can't remember the charts.

i log on to mainly check out all the recent squabbles - i find it quite funny to be honest - you couldnt make this up if you tried!

I reckon the best thing is to get the car back to the UK let dave sort it ( esp as he has offered to pay all the travel costs) and then just get it finished.

Hi, mate!

You are right, you couldn't make this up even if you wanted to. I am not totally satiscfied with the offers given to me. I would like to have all things fixed, however some information requested by me has been denied me by Prolex. It has made me worry, so I have had to put the comeback on hold until these formalities are sorted out.

Topic: This ordeal

1 - The cost of the job was almost twice what I was expecting and had agreed to.

2 - There are numerous problems with the car that need to be addressed.

3 - There has been a perceived degradation of my issues and integrity which has been caused by your “reasonable” offer.

4 - Your reluctance to accept responsibility and your avoidance of important points.

I have listed my prime concerns above. My primary objectives are:

-To have the car operating properly at no cost to myself.

-To have a reduction of my bill in line with the original quotation, and to be reimbursed for any consequential costs

-To get You/Prolex/Tony to accept responsibility.

I should have stated my dissatisfaction over your claimed bill immediately. I carry the risk of making myself appear to be looking for new excuses to complain. Obviously we know that this is not the case. I am not happy at the amount of money that Prolex have asked me for, and I am embarrassed to be aware that some people may think badly of my mentioning it so late. I would like to justify my reasons for it, as I felt harassed and was afraid my car would be held to ransom. I have mails supporting my claims that my initial funds are 7000 pounds, and I have sent many mails requesting information on funds. I have also stated that, before every thing has been done to my car, that I would accept this as long as funds are OK.

I will list all the faults that I am aware of, and would like to know how you will deal with all of the mentioned faults.

-Scratch behind left rear door

-Mesh loosening

-VIOLENT juddering when engine is cold, worse when weather is cold.

-Noisy exhaust, I remember requesting a stealthy exhaust.

-Brakes wobbeling

-Clocks not as promised, with glitch in the bottom of speedo, faulty speedo-reading, fuelgauge not working, black has faded badly behind warning lights, bottom right part of dash is too high and shows the lights in the back.

-Fuses blowing on heated seats, 3 fuses have gone now.

-TRC suddenly stopped working

-AFR gauge not fitted

-shiftlight not fitted

-cluttering sound from rear axel when going over speed bumps at low speed

-Scratches on steering-column that don’t wipe off

-Scratch in front bumper

-Clutch slipping when turbo kicks in, was not the clutch changed?

I would like to point out that no road test was offered me, and that I was not told that it was needed. I was also told that the car had done serious mileage due to roadtesting, if that is not the reason I would like an explanation of why my mileage has gone up by 2500 km. I am well aware of dyno-testing etc, however that sounds like hard testing to me.

3. I want to be reasonable about the situation, are you aware that I am legally entitled to go elsewhere to have the problems resolved if I am concerned about the capabilities of Prolex? I am considering my options now, as I am concerned over the issue of adequate insurance and a valid driver licence. Please provide proof of a valid Motor Traders Insurance policy and a copy of the drivers license of anyone that will be driving my car. I feel this is an entirely reasonable request, and I am entitled to refuse to bring my car back to the UK if I am not happy about these two issues. Are you prepared to guarantee that Tony does not drive in the same manner that I have video evidence of, as I am concerned for the safety of my car and of other road users.

4. It would be good to get an admission or an apology from you guys that you as a matter of fact are wrong.

IN aksing the following i ensure my own safety:

- Valid proof of traders insurance covering my car when it is in your posession.

- Copy of drivers licence belonging to everyone that will drive my car when it is in your posession.

I should have asked for it before. Would like to refer to this thread for clarification. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=38030

Nico is this the email..?

Hi, I am sorry for not making it clear enough. This is the mail I sent yesterday. Still awaiting reply, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 19. desember 2006 12:49

To: Nicolai Sørensen

Subject: Re: This ordeal.

Nico,

I have made my offer(s) to you.

Let me know which one you want to take up.

I've looked at the comments made by you and needless to say do not agree with any of them. I too have emails, from you, which support my refuting many of your comments in particular the budget.

Option 1 meets all your conditions in my view. The sooner you let me know when you are dropping the car off at Stanstead the sooner we can move on. I have also made the situaltion clear regarding documentation which will be provided to you when you get to Stanstead.

If you want to go for option 2 then send the binnacle over and we will look at it and return it within 24 hours.

Dave

On 12/19/06, Nicolai Sørensen < nico54@gmail.com> wrote:

Also; am I fault in these errors? Or do you take responsibility for the errors?

Sent: 19. desember 2006 15:28

To: Nicolai Sørensen

Subject: Re: This ordeal.

Nico,

Choose option 1 or 2 please.

I disagree with everything you say.

You know the facts but seem to incapable of remembering them.

One example you said the car had done 1000kms to me a few days ago it is now 2500kms. The car did not even cover the 1000km you allege as the binnacle was removed within 10 days of the car being dropped off and not refitted until shortly before you collected the car. Mileage is recorded in the speedo which is in the binnacle. How can you possibly make that statement and expect it to have any credibility ?

You also mention the heated seat. We did not touch the seat in ant way whatsover. You bought the car in the summer had you ever tried them ? could be there is a faulty Lexus component.

Anyway as I said above and have said repeatedly before choose what option you want and I will take the approriate steps....as discussed previously.

On 12/19/06, Nicolai Sørensen <nico54@gmail.com> wrote:

I had driven 63200 km’s when I dropped the car off. Does this mean that you have added mileage to my car without the clocks in place? Would think you had informed me about that before you did it. Mileage was above 66000 when I picked up the car, please find out where my KM’s have gone. I was kind enough to say that 1000 km was more than you could possibly account for, if that is not what you understood than I apologize my way of putting myself. As mentioned earlier I would like to see requested documentation before I eventually drop the car off with you guys. Is that unreasonable? The heated seats were tested upon purchase.

Nico,

I have explained about the speedo reading. Read what I say again. Your original speedo reading must have been mistaken.

On documentation. I have told you what will happen, several times my position will not change.

Let me know when you propose to come over (3 dates required as we are getting booked up after christmas) and I'll get everything in place

Dave

I have now posted recent replies here. I am astonished that my questions remain unanswered.. :( Wish I could get some answers...

This is hard for me guys... Norway is far from England, and I just want to have everything in order for me to travel again. I do understand if I seem hard to satisfy, however there have been made no tries to satisfy me before, and I feel I am recieveing the same treatment now.