Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14k for a turbo...could of put a 2jz in for that

haha, That is not all that has been done though. The prolex website stated 5k for the conversion, however after I had delivered the car I was informed that price was wrong (?), other bits have been fitted aswell. I have been told that the fuelline upgrade (which I was told I needed, and was not told of cost) was a complete waste, and i have had little to say on what has been done. This has become quite a situation...

Have decided I have better things to do that spend hours putting an email together. These few will shed some light on the truth.

First post on this tread from Nico.

Hello folks!

I have recently purchased a Lexus IS 200 - 2002 model. I am about to mount a turbokit from Prolex (Garret T28B Turbo) and a cooler. Will also have a fuel-upgrade (as the IS 200 runs slightly lean), racing-logic coilovers, 3" Exhaust and perhaps a big-brake kit. Any suggestions for nice rims and what size would fit my car? I am from Norway, and will drive my car to the U.K just to get the turbo fitted! Honestly, I would drive to Pakistan if that meant I would get 250 bhp!

Will add pictures and a video when I finish the car. Any suggestions on a subtle body-kit? URL's would be appreciated! The car, now, looks more stock than a Ford Fiesta!

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TSJYYYYYY VROOOOOOOM!

Any suggestions for nice rims and what size would fit my car?

On budget

Nico 25/5/06

Overall budget is 9000 GBP. You can add 17,5 percent to that thanks to our old friend VAT! ;) Is that enough?

Dave 25/5/06

Should be OK..

will call later

Dave

also on budget and what he wanted doing

Email sent 20/6/2006

From Nico

You were going to mount the:

Turbo

Cooler

Gauges

Exhaust

Emanage

Bov

What will that cost me. I now have 7000 quid + the 17% vat over there. How are we doing on funds? As the stereo is already payed for that is out of the way. I now want these parts:

-Air suspension

-stereo install

-tinted windows

-alarm system

-co2-kit

-fire kit in exhaust

What can I afford? The question is: How low can you go? =) Hoping we can stretch the budget far here!

My reply

Hi

a x box game came y/day and a heavy parcel....

I need to get some figures from tony for the bits he's doing.

plan is to get the turbo conversion (price includes emanage) guages done...then the rest I will tell Tony you want the air suspension.

Stuff from me is exclusive of vat as i'm vat registered...

stuff from tony (parts he sources) are not as he's not VAT registered...shouldnt make much of a difference

Dave

Nico email of 21/6/06

I will send more money tomorrow... Wondering if you could send me all the information one more time. Will be around £4k which brings the total to approx 7,5k. Hoping to get a hold of 1,5k more by the middle of next month

On 5/7/06, Nicolai Jarle Sørensen <nico54@gmail.com> wrote:

My total budget is, sadly, only 10k. We will have to make a package out of it. I have no problems transfering you money in advance. I need tyres and rims.

So from this you can see some disparity with what Nico said above re what was done with his car.

On the cost of the turbo conversion I also have emails where I explain BEFORE the car was brought over why the actual Turbo conversion was £5500 not £5000 (factoring in changes to conversion for LHD) so this is another lie.

The figure of £14000 was remarked upon above as the cost of this project. That is not true either. Nico knows this as well.

There is more I can say but feel the extracts above may give you an idea of the reality behind this story.

Despite this my offer of option 1 or 2 still stands.

I am still considering option 1 and 2, I am just waiting for the requested documentation, as it is a very important part of my descision. My overall budget was 9k, yes. I have had ICE for approx 2k sent to you, Dave. Please send me an invoice. I do feel harrassed now beeing called a liar, however I am not going to go that route, and I hope that we can leave namecalling out of this story.

I am still considering option 1 and 2, I am just waiting for the requested documentation, as it is a very important part of my descision. My overall budget was 9k, yes. I have had ICE for approx 2k sent to you, Dave. Please send me an invoice. I do feel harrassed now beeing called a liar, however I am not going to go that route, and I hope that we can leave namecalling out of this story.

Nico,

I have told you the documentation will be ready for you to look at when and if you drop the car off.

The invoice will be posted to you either tomorrow or the next day.

If you do not like being called a liar you may want to check your facts before you post publically.

Hi.

I do feel that I can't travel 1900 km's just to find out that papers aren't in order. Please understand my concern.

Thank you for posting the invoice. Please send to:

"My name"

Lars Thorings veg 22

9006 Tromso - norway

I don't think anybody likes being called names, I do want to add that I post facts and not fiction, I can support my facts, and the law supports my claims, as you probably know.

Just read the latest rubbish put up by Nico.

I've tried to be polite but he is lying.

No other word for it.

dave T&C you read them only yesterday remember.........be nice!

Edited by Monster-Mat

Hi.

I do feel that I can't travel 1900 km's just to find out that papers aren't in order. Please understand my concern.

Thank you for posting the invoice. Please send to:

"My name"

Lars Thorings veg 22

9006 Tromso - norway

I don't think anybody likes being called names, I do want to add that I post facts and not fiction, I can support my facts, and the law supports my claims, as you probably know.

As I said before docs will be ready for you to see when you arrive.

Choose option 1 or 2 as soon as you can.

I'm not sure what law you refer to but I'm confident that I have nothing to worry about in english law.

I trust your "facts" have more substance than those you made last night which I disproved this morning.

Please remember I'm trying to get your car back here, at no expense to you, to investigate the problems you claim to be wrong with the car.

dave, what documents does he want to see...its simple as that surely.

this is getting stupid.

drivers licence,motor traders insurance

Someone has told him the techie is banned and drives illegally (not true)

Someone has said we dont have motor traders insurance (not true)

I have said he can see them when he drops the car off @ Stanstead.

I'm fooked if I'm having my word doubted.

ok...so nico has asked to see that before he drives back to the uk.

surely thats a fair thing to ask, before he drives back to the uk, or am i not seeing this correctly.

can you not fax him the copys...?

or is the way i look at things far 2 black and white...?

and i dont mean as in black and white tv, or my eyes are old and buggered

surely thats a fair thing to ask, before he drives back to the uk, or am i not seeing this correctly.

As I said above I am not having my word doubted.

If I say I have them I have them.

How stupid & what credibilty will I have if I do not have them when he arrives ?

How stupid & what credibilty will I have if I do not have them when he arrives ?

but as someone looking in and reading this....its isnt doubting your word, from where i am sitting it seems a very simple request.

as far as i see it, its not nico doubting you, its a customer making a request, simple as

but as someone looking in and reading this....its isnt doubting your word, from where i am sitting it seems a very simple request.

as far as i see it, its not nico doubting you, its a customer making a request, simple as

Thing is Mat you dont know the full story nor does anyone else on this site

Thing is Mat you dont know the full story nor does anyone else on this site

that maybe so.

and to be honest i feel over time its coming out, much to the detriment of your business and nicos overall issues.

however the fact rtemains, this is in the public domain now, maybe for the good, who knows, but for both your sakes its surely best that you sort this out amicably.

whatever the un-known story is at the moment the fact remain, Nico isnt happy with the car, and it in Norway, you are in the UK, he isnt happy bringing the car back it seems untill he is re-assured.

so surely its in everyone concernds best interest to "play the game" and smooth the issues as best as possible

what does nico have to loose at the moment, other than his car is in norway......nothing

what do you have to loose........!

Dave please don't take this as a dig.

but surely it is entirely fair and reasonable for a business to make these documents available prior to being entrusted by a client should he request it. It's just basic business sense and provides a good trusting relationship between customer and Business...yes/no.

Managed to mostly avoid posting on this thread, till now, but I have to agree with Mat.

In my experience it is normal business practice to ask for copies of certificates of Public and Product liability insurance or a copy of a brokers letter stating insurances held and level of cover. Also it would be normal to carry out an audit on a company to check procedures etc. This is before an order is placed or a contract signed.

Not taking any sides it appears to me that :-

Nico - You are willing to return the car to Prolex in the UK for remedial work to be carried out provided there is no cost to you. You want to have copies of a driving licence and Prolex certificates of insurance in advance.

Dave - You want the car back to carry out the remedial work and are prepared to pay the costs but will not produce the paperwork till the car and Nico are in the UK at Stansted. Is the car being air freighted over?

The only stumbling block is the paperwork Nico is asking for in advance and Dave will supply later.

Dave, I have no doubt that you have the paperwork so it seems to me that the only way to un-block this is to fax Nico copies. If as you have stated that he doubts your integrity surely the best way is to prove him wrong is to get the paperwork to him.

I think we all want to see this sorry tale brought to a mutually happy end if at all possible.

Hello folks!

I have recently purchased a Lexus IS 200 - 2002 model. I am about to mount a turbokit from Prolex (Garret T28B Turbo) and a cooler. Will also have a fuel-upgrade (as the IS 200 runs slightly lean), racing-logic coilovers, 3" Exhaust and perhaps a big-brake kit. Any suggestions for nice rims and what size would fit my car? I am from Norway, and will drive my car to the U.K just to get the turbo fitted! Honestly, I would drive to Pakistan if that meant I would get 250 bhp! :wub:

Will add pictures and a video when I finish the car. Any suggestions on a subtle body-kit? URL's would be appreciated! The car, now, looks more stock than a Ford Fiesta!

1st post saying what you are having done yes ?

Hello folks!

I have recently purchased a Lexus IS 200 - 2002 model. I am about to mount a turbokit from Prolex (Garret T28B Turbo) and a cooler. Will also have a fuel-upgrade (as the IS 200 runs slightly lean), racing-logic coilovers, 3" Exhaust and perhaps a big-brake kit. Any suggestions for nice rims and what size would fit my car? I am from Norway, and will drive my car to the U.K just to get the turbo fitted! Honestly, I would drive to Pakistan if that meant I would get 250 bhp! :wub:

1st post saying what you are having done yes ?

it not important anymore Gord......so dont try and take the topic of course.!

and considering that the car went to dave a considerable time after the first post, its means nothing, that was Nicos wish, not fact

what is important that dave and nico sort this out without "band waggon" riders getting in on the ride...

anymore deliberate attempts to avoid the issues by either side or by anyone else will have there post deleated.

its a known fact that you side with dave,

this goes for anyone who is trying to stir up *****

Edited by Monster-Mat

Not shifting one centimetre ladies & gentlemen.

@ mac what you say maybe correct for a major business transaction ...but taking your car in for work to be done ? Has anyone ever done that :question:

@ Mat why the dig at Gordon ? He's pointing out a fact to contradict what Nico said on this self same post.

Fact is even if I do do this there will no doubt be another stumbling block put forward by Nico.

This could be because he still owes a considerable amount of money to Prolex-UK and knows that if the car is brought back then he is somewhat stymied as I may refuse to release the car until the debt is cleared.

Why did Prolex let the car go without the bill being settled ? We (I & Nico) agreed that part payment of the outstanding balance be paid on collection (by bank transfer) with the rest being settled early next year.

Come the Friday of the weekend Nico was due to collect the car the monies had not been deposited in prolex's bank account. The only proof I had that money had been deposited was a texted email from someone saying an amount of kroner had been sent from Nicos account (not to whom)

Despite this I kept to my agreement letting the car go on the Sunday. On Monday my bank account showed that over £300 less than the amount agreed had been paid.

The cynical among you may now look back at some posts that have been made in a different light. You may well think that Nico is trying to embarrass me into saying please be quiet and i'll forget the money you owe me.

Bearing in mind my comments about being owed money and getting the car back to force repayment you may think I'm daft not to send the documents requested.

However I refuse to have mine and anyone else who works or does work for me integrity questioned on such a serious matter as driving with no license or without proper insurance.

Not shifting one centimetre ladies & gentlemen.

@ mac what you say maybe correct for a major business transaction ...but taking your car in for work to be done ? Has anyone ever done that :question:

It has never occured to me to ask for documentation when my car has been in for work.... :blush:

Nico- Wouldn't it have been better to ask for the doucmentation before the work was carried out? But I bet you were just (understandably) excited and didn't bother like I would.... :)

Why can't items just be emailed/faxed instead of all this wait for snail mail?

again i also dont want to get involved, but for what its worth do you not have to display your public liability insurance certificate (photocopy or otherwise) at the place of buisiness? and he cant claim on it untill harm has come, so i cant see it doing any harm, even if you blank out a few bits for security purposes.

Either way it has to be availiable for inspection.

I dont think it should be an issue, and i feel by making it an issue then you may be putting doubt in the minds of others who do not know you.

Nobody here bar nico needs to see the details of the documents and maybe he should agree to never disclose them in the public domain?

I refuse to take any sides in this thread as it serves no purpose, but i would just like to see an amicable solution for both sides

This may mean meeting in the middle with regards to the documents asked for etc... for both dave and nicco.

I think that the longer mud is being thrown , and mud stirred by others is putting a spin on things and bringing up tension that should be avoided. Plus its christmas, the time for festivity and not hostility...

Even in WW1 they stopped killing each other only for a little while at christmas..... how about a little LOC truce for the holidays?

merry christmas to all involved and all reading this

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links