Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic stuff mate :D

Did you get all this done over at Prolex then mate?

Didn't realise you'd actually started, now you've got the turbo already fitted!

Are you happy with the car now she is modified?

Congratulations mate :)

Everything is being done by Prolex! I dropped the car off there almost 3 months ago. Haven't actually tried the car yet, as it is still in England and I am in Norway. Have had some major delays from suppliers, so they are abit behind schedule. I am waiting for the final mods to fall in place, Prolex told me that perhaps in the end of next week things would be done.. Can't wait! 3 hard months without a car!! :(

You got the car back yet?

No! =(

Those Pods looks really nice .......... well done :D

They look fancy IMO as the clocks have the same led's ase the rest of my dash. I have the same white dash trim aswell. Now THAT will look clean, that was what I wanted! The leather is trimmed with seams that actually match the leather on the gear lever and the steering wheel.. Looks fantastic...

• 5 weeks later...
Is Nico still around ........... haven't seen him or his horse for a while ! lol

You must be driving the car by now ? :yawn: :)

Hi, mate! I am still not driving my car! When I get it back I will surely post pics! Prolex have been delayed, however everything is going swiftly now, and within 2 weeks I guess it will be back on Norwegian soil! Will post everything that has happened to my car as soon as I get the info from Dave! I was promised a mail within the weekend, let's just hope that sticks!

Cheers!

car s progressing....its LHD so there are a few things different..........like intercooler fouls headlamp washers............no prob over here as we just remove them...in Norway its a legal requirement...so we have to refabricate the i/c pipes....

but..........Nico has been busy meanwhile...........he's going to be a father :D

means his hi fi install neds rethinking as he need room for a pram :P

• 2 weeks later...

I had huge plans for my stereo system. I was opting for the 4x10" option. However that's not going to happen. I have to go from this:

IMAG0203.jpg

to this:

pict0006.jpg

:)

Things have taken some time, however time ALLWAYS equals a brilliant finish when it comes to Prolex. The car will end up rather smart, with some one-off items that I have never seen done before. The sky's the limit with Dave's mechanics (and funds... :P)

Here are some pics of what has been done so far (in random order).

Windows tinted

tinted1.JPG

tinted2.JPG

Cleaning the engine bay:

engine1.JPG

front2.JPG

engine2.JPG

engine3.JPG

TURBO

engine4.JPG

engine5.JPG

Front bumper had a nasty scratch, but not any more

1.JPG

Clocks

2.JPG

Brakes

4.JPG

OH MY *** I LOVE THIS

5.JPG

6.JPG

Cooler

7.JPG

Stock Brakes, hmm.. nice

9.JPG

10.JPG

Brakes

8.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

Pod and gauges

11.JPG

To Prolex:

Sorry for posting the pictures of the job not completely done, I will post pictures of the finished products when I get the car. The brakes aren't complete, neither is the pod.

Clocks

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Translation of the post I had in the tuning-magazine:

gatebil.JPG

Cool IS200

Nico is building what is rumored to become Norways coolest IS200. This is a awesome car full of potential, however the steep price keeps most people away from this car in Norway. The original straight 6 is turbocharged, and Nico will have a CO2-kit for cooling the IC. Nico expects approx. 260 bhp, awesome! (I told him approx 240, however journalists do as they please). Apart from that gauges will be fitted for checking the engine, exhaust and turbo. The car will be packed full of snacks. What do you think of 4 10" woofes, 2 V12 MRV1507 amps, 3 screens and a Xbox? Nico won't be doing much on the outside of the car, but the Lexus will get some sweet 18" rims and eventually a adjustable coiloverkit. It's not every day you see a souped up IS200, we can't wait.

Sorry for the poor translation

I had huge plans for my stereo system. I was opting for the 4x10" option. However that's not going to happen. I have to go from this:

IMAG0203.jpg

Is that your old setup?

nah, mate! However my boot was supposed to look like it! :)

The car will be packed full of snacks.

I love this one!

Pepperami sticks, Snickers bars and M&M's with the green ones removed please :D

Funny one, you! ;)

thats going to be one hell of car :)

make sure you get it back in that tuning mag when all the work is done :)

I won't say no if they ask me! :) However I will not "sell" myself to them, if they want to write about it they are free to do so! :)

Looks good, what back box is that??? or is it a prolex special ???

As Dave says, Prolex all the way, baby! It looks SOOOOO smart! Don't you think? 4" tip fits perfectly. My mind was set on a 3" end pipe, however I have been proven wrong!

Looking really good Nico .............. I like the tail pipe end of the zorst too ;)

When I saw the first 2 - 3 images of the engine ... I though "erm, I can't see anything" lol ..... then I saw the obvious turbo ;)

Good luck with it ! When you getting it back ? B)

Looking really good Nico .............. I like the tail pipe end of the zorst too ;)

When I saw the first 2 - 3 images of the engine ... I though "erm, I can't see anything" lol ..... then I saw the obvious turbo ;)

Good luck with it ! When you getting it back ? B)

Thanks, mate! I was hoping for the 28th. By then the ICE should be done also. I don't know if I posted this earlyer, but I have spent close to 2000 quid on 2nd-hand ICE. I could have bought everything BNIB, however they just don't make amps the way they did before. Dave's guys will have to squeeze the 3-way Focal speaker set in the front somewhere and sound-deaden most of the car. Too bad I won't notice any difference in the performance of that car (as I have kept the same power to wait ratio after all the ICE and extra stuff has been fitted :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. look at this!!

New pics recieved today from Prolex, and you guys are the first to see them!

Brakes.. They look SOOOOOO smart! I need to buy some wide open rims (preferably without a center to show off these babies ;D)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hi-flow fuelpressure regulator and filter

5.jpg

Braded fulelines comes with the fuelline upgrade-package, I also have a new intank pump. Guess this fuelsystem is good for twice the HP I'm pumping out.. :) :whistling:

The rear caliper sticker is on wrong?!

Fuel Pressure Reg. Mounted ontop of the ECU gubbins. Thats not where i would mount it :o

Surely you have to undo the hoses to get enough slack to open the cover? which when next to electrical cables... fuel.. spark. BANG!

I would not be comfortable with that mounting arrangement.

The rear caliper sticker is on wrong?!

Fuel Pressure Reg. Mounted ontop of the ECU gubbins. Thats not where i would mount it :o

Surely you have to undo the hoses to get enough slack to open the cover? which when next to electrical cables... fuel.. spark. BANG!

I would not be comfortable with that mounting arrangement.

Hi, mate!

what's wrong with the sticker? It is mounted in the same angle as the front caliper sticker... The cover is removable with the reg mounted ontop of it I gues.. I'll give Dave the chance to reply on that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links