Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking forward to seeing this ...as i bet you are ... how long has it been going on ??

you asked for comments or recommendations

if and when you get your car back i would suggest checking the following :

check if tissue paper has been stuffed in the intercooler, might need a bit of dismantling, as its usually well hidden

check that any inlet pipework has been fitted correctly and not bent over, restricting airflow and causing damage to your turbo

check that any dyno sheets cover your whole rev range and not just the bit where it looks ok

check that the dyno was carried out at a reputable garage, should have this written across the top of the dyno sheet, unless of course its been cut off !! ,

check any guages, milometer etc for any tell tale signs of abuse or unecessary use

check the bodywork for any damage, this may be attempted to be hidden from you, but in the case of brick sized dents or cracked windscreens it may be obvious !, but it still wont be brought to your attention

check with a fine toothcomb the disclaimer form you signed, it may be very hard to read, in fact it may be near impossible to read as sometimes it is invisible, in the case that it is invisible, refer to another tuners disclaimer, (as a suggestion maybe TDI`s disclaimer),

once you have checked the disclaimer, forget anything about claiming or even getting an addmitance of any wrong doing or even the simplest apology, YOU WILL NOT GET IT !

what you will get is threats of solicitors and court action if you mention or even hint at anything where someone may read it

oh and one more thing, ask for a bonafide receipt, stating VAT and registration numbers, some dubvious companys insist on a cash payment so that they save the hassle of having to pay VAT and tax, which is a bit naughty and quite illegal !!

well i wish you all the best of luck, hopefully your experience will be better than mine

:)

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now, thought it about time I congratulated you. Looks like its all going good man. Should be an awesome car once done and mapped correctly.

Never had any problems with prolex myself and not even thought about using TDi. Personally think bazza's comments were a just a dig, seeing as Prolex can't respond, being out of the country from yesterday.

But most of what he says should be checked for when you pick a car up from any garage.

Will this be the first Turbo'd IS in Norway in?

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now, thought it about time I congratulated you. Looks like its all going good man. Should be an awesome car once done and mapped correctly.

Never had any problems with prolex myself and not even thought about using TDi. Personally think bazza's comments were a just a dig, seeing as Prolex can't respond, being out of the country from yesterday.

But most of what he says should be checked for when you pick a car up from any garage.

Actually, there is a IS with a supra-engine, and there is a twin-turbo IS 200. HOWEVER none of them are street legal in Norway, mine will be. So, yes, it will be the first turbo'd IS in Norway IMHO!

I think the car will be good, and I don't wish any more discussions about the previously mentioned topic here or any other place, it doesn't belong in public.

Actually, there is a IS with a supra-engine, and there is a twin-turbo IS 200. HOWEVER none of them are street legal in Norway, mine will be. So, yes, it will be the first turbo'd IS in Norway IMHO!

Sounds good then, keep us posted with the progress.

Coming from a moderator.......shurely your personal experience belongs in it's own thread :question:

OMG how flippin Funny ^^^^^^ :lol::lol: Classic

:lol:

Please guys, respect my wishes here. Let this thing be NOW! I am fed up of this and I want people to understand that this is not the place I want things like this discussed.... That be Prolex or the admins behaviour.

Coming from a moderator.......shurely your personal experience belongs in it's own thread :question:

Please guys, respect my wishes here. Let this thing be NOW! I am fed up of this and I want people to understand that this is not the place I want things like this discussed.... That be Prolex or the admins behaviour.

NicoLoco i feel very sorry for you since you have innocently been pulled into a long argument relating to trader ethics, the visible hostility, founded or not is not directed at you personally.... You read as a genuine person, anxious to belay this argument... you won't be able to as an individual so i recommend this...

1:Remember there are always three sides to the story.

2:Professional and premises should also command a post code.

3:Make you own decisions, opinions are guidance not commands, make your own opinions.

4:Get a cat :D

NicoLoco i feel very sorry for you since you have innocently been pulled into a long argument relating to trader ethics, the visible hostility, founded or not is not directed at you personally.... You read as a genuine person, anxious to belay this argument... you won't be able to as an individual so i recommend this...

1:Remember there are always three sides to the story.

2:Professional and premises should also command a post code.

3:Make you own decisions, opinions are guidance not commands, make your own opinions.

4:Get a cat :D

I am not in a discussion with anybody. I have a cat, the standard cat is modified to fit the zorst built for my car. Thanks alot mate, I am stunned at the quality of people here on LOC. I allways fell like people treat me with respect and I admire that. Nobody has, as long as I have been here, said anything to upset me, except for the way this thread has headed. That is why I am urging people to please not discuss this here.

I think the car will be good, and I don't wish any more discussions about the previously mentioned topic here or any other place, it doesn't belong in public.

Congratulations, mate on my behalf also! :) Bet you'll be well satisfied with your ride now that it has the power to match the appearance! Not trying to hijack your thread, but just out of interest as being a twin turbo'd IS200 owner myself also, would you happen to have any more info about my Norwegian counter-part...? Would be interested to hear about his/her setup.

Cheers,

Sami

Congratulations, mate on my behalf also! :) Bet you'll be well satisfied with your ride now that it has the power to match the appearance! Not trying to hijack your thread, but just out of interest as being a twin turbo'd IS200 owner myself also, would you happen to have any more info about my Norwegian counter-part...? Would be interested to hear about his/her setup.

Cheers,

Sami

sorry, mate. I don't know anything. It is being built by a company, so I like to claim that I am the only one in Norway that has a turbo-converted IS, as I am a person, and a company is as you might well know NOT!! :) I can make some questions if you are very interested, or perhaps get hold of an email adress for them... they seem to be pleasent guys, I spoke to them for 5 months ago..

Jaysus is this still going on... :o, i know because it is LHD that parts didn't match up but surely this was thought of before hand, a professional company that assured you that they were up to the job??? were you advised at the start that your car would spend months away just to get a turbo and a few bits upgraded....

I hope you're getting some sort of discount for making you wait so long... I'd be fuming at this stage..

Anyway hope when you get it that it is exactly what you wanted and finally get to enjoy it.. :)

"more than you can afford, pal.... Prolex.."

sorry for qouting F&F, just had to! ;) Will get the price off dave, pm dave (Prolex-UK on here) and ask him! =) Or visit www.prolex-uk.com/store for info.

they look brilliant IMHO..

Sorry to take issue with the above quote but...... I don't get why you hold "Pro-lex" branded goodies in such high esteem????? who are they and what have they done? I ask this genuinely as it's been on my mind for a good while, I can understand folk paying out big bucks for branded items like HKS, Apexi and the likes because they are huge worldwide known and respected tuning Houses that spend mega bucks developing worthwhile desirable products , Also carry alot of street cred, but what have Prolex achieved that you would make you want to have their brand on your car?

I eagerly await...

:huh:

Jaysus is this still going on... :o, i know because it is LHD that parts didn't match up but surely this was thought of before hand, a professional company that assured you that they were up to the job??? were you advised at the start that your car would spend months away just to get a turbo and a few bits upgraded....

I hope you're getting some sort of discount for making you wait so long... I'd be fuming at this stage..

Anyway hope when you get it that it is exactly what you wanted and finally get to enjoy it.. :)

"more than you can afford, pal.... Prolex.."

sorry for qouting F&F, just had to! ;) Will get the price off dave, pm dave (Prolex-UK on here) and ask him! =) Or visit www.prolex-uk.com/store for info.

they look brilliant IMHO..

Sorry to take issue with the above quote but...... I don't get why you hold "Pro-lex" branded goodies in such high esteem????? who are they and what have they done? I ask this genuinely as it's been on my mind for a good while, I can understand folk paying out big bucks for branded items like HKS, Apexi and the likes because they are huge worldwide known and respected tuning Houses that spend mega bucks developing worthwhile desirable products , Also carry alot of street cred, but what have Prolex achieved that you would make you want to have their brand on your car?

I eagerly await...

:huh:

I reply! :) I don't hold Prolex goodies high at all, I just don't like mentioning how much I pay for stuff. I am asked daily on a Norwegian forum how much my car costs, how much the tuning is, etc. I just don't say that to everybody.

I agree, it has taken ages. I was not warned that this would take half a year (that is fooking rediculous in retrospect), but now we are here and the time is coming for me to pick it up.

Thanks for a nice reply!