Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Marks

F!tzy

hey folks, it seems every time i wash my car the water marks are really bad on it. im nearly sure i read a post about this already but cant find it. :blink:

Any ideas how to minimise them or get rid of them??

cheers

hey folks, it seems every time i wash my car the water marks are really bad on it. im nearly sure i read a post about this already but cant find it. :blink:

Any ideas how to minimise them or get rid of them??

cheers

a water de-ioniser is the best bet!!! i believe aqua-gleam offer a system....but i think its very pricy!!!

i use the flash car wash kit de-ioniser.......works amazingly well!!! and the kits only £20 :D :D :D

I'm really glad someone brought this up i got a Green IS200 every second or third day I go through the same old procedure go to the hand car wash give it a clean bring her home again dry off (Water Marks) with fluffy glove get the T Cust out & spend 3 hours waxing and polishing go to bed a happy man, get up ready for work go to open the car door and BANG every bit of dust and dirt from 5 miles around has found its way onto the paint work

I think it might just be the colour makes it look worse i had a metalic blue punto b4 this and that was frustratingly clean all the time.

I Just give up, time for a re-spray me thinks any suggestions?

G

Don't leave it dry naturally.... Have you got a good chamois?

Here a lot of talk about "Microfibre" towels.... must get one myself

microfibre towels are very good, but if you live in an area with really hard water, you end up with streak marks. its so much easier using something that has a de-ioniser attached :D

the water squeegy things are pretty good at removing most surface water.....followed by a chamois - that should do the trick

Errrr guys...

Just use a decent Quick Detailer product like Sonus after washing and drying (don't use a chamois - Only use a microfibre towel designed for the purpose!)

The whole process will take you ten mins tops (And that's on my GS so an IS would be even quicker in theory)

Have used this method for a long time and..... NO WATER MARKS !!!

The Ed

Errrr guys...

Just use a decent Quick Detailer product like Sonus after washing and drying (don't use a chamois - Only use a microfibre towel designed for the purpose!)

The whole process will take you ten mins tops (And that's on my GS so an IS would be even quicker in theory)

The Ed

Yep - listen to the Ed - he speaks wise words.

My recent experience with quick detailing kit here.

Oh and I use the Sonus Ultimate Drying Towel for drying - no streaks here even on black. eusa_dance.gif

Errrr guys...

The Ed

yea sure, i agree.....but a water de-ioniser saves the hasle of having to go back over the car with a detailing spritz!!!

we each have our own ways.....just suggesting mine :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links