Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Is220d Sport

Picked up my new IS220d Sport on Saturday from Lexus Woodford.

Cadoxton Slate and Lipari beige interior. It's "just" the standard car, no MM or anything.

I am soooo impressed! I have owned an old IS, GS, Audi, Honda, Seat, Rover and Citroen cars and this is by far the best. This is in terms of looks, value for money, build quality and overall sense of "wickedness"!

I have only done just over 100 miles, but theres no rattles, build quality issues etc, its all top notch. The attention to detail seems very good indeed. The ride is firm on the 18's (Dunlop's), but not harsh and is better than I expected. Averaging 35mpg over these 100 or so miles, so not bad, and thats short trips mostly. 6th gear is easily available from 53/4 mph. Standard stereo is excellent, burnt my mp3's to make mp3 CD's with iTunes and it works perfectly, ripped at 192kbps and sound is excellent.

Have already given it a good waxing, and taken some pics, so will upload tonight. Cadoxton looks awesome IMHO!!

I had only driven a couple of miles down the road from the dealer, when a bloke in a white van wound his window down and gestured to me. Oh no, I thought, whats falling off? He merely said "nice motor mate" and tipped me a wink :winky: Made me very proud!

.....one word to sum up how it looks.....

"Stunning"

What type of camera and settings did you use? My Sony DSC-P10 is getting old...

Thanks Jamboo,

It actually looks better in the flesh, it was a bit overcast that day, but in the sun the mica paint is beautiful, just like the mesa :winky:

The images have been compressed quite alot on the hosting site, so the quality isn't as good as the originals on my PC.

The camera is a Minolta Dimage Z2, 4 megapixel. I use the largest file size and adjust the white balance for cloudy day. This is a couple of years old now but its still a good camera.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links