Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help With Laptop

ukazn

Hi all, just recently purchased a laptop and it came with a pcmcia wireless card.

I've managed to get it to work with my network at home and also at work too but It only seems to work on my second pcmcia slot at work but it can work with both at home. Hope this makes sense.

What I would like to know is are the pcmcia slots different in any way or should the wireless card be working regardless what slot it is in.

The reason for asking is because i have a USB 2.0 pcmcia card and for me to be able to use both I need to USB 2.0 card in slot 2 and the wireless in the 1st.

Hi all, just recently purchased a laptop and it came with a pcmcia wireless card.

I've managed to get it to work with my network at home and also at work too but It only seems to work on my second pcmcia slot at work but it can work with both at home. Hope this makes sense.

What I would like to know is are the pcmcia slots different in any way or should the wireless card be working regardless what slot it is in.

The reason for asking is because i have a USB 2.0 pcmcia card and for me to be able to use both I need to USB 2.0 card in slot 2 and the wireless in the 1st.

PCMCIA slots are (generally) not different (some older laptops are Type 1, then combinations of Type II and Type III - can tell by its thickness).

But anyway, when you say "managed to get it to work", each PCMCIA slot you put a network card in, will need to be re-configured - it should be listed as something like PCMCIA WLAN Card #2 or something under Network Places (assuming Windows XP/2000)...

Perhaps you havent fully configured it for work in the failing slot? Is it able to see any wireless signals? Or simply fail to connect/authenticate/obtain IP...

Derek.

Ok thanks Derek, when I'm at work it can pick up the signal but can not aquire an ip address. I've played with the settings on the router and also tried it with no security on the wireless. I can see the router and the router can see me but they just can't connect. It keeps coming up with 'Limited or no connectivity', when i press the repair button it tells me that it cannot get an ip address.

If it helps its a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook B2562, bought just to surf the web so the touchscreen come in handy. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links