Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Se With Mm Or Se L

I had the same choice and trust me you want the MM. It will be used a hell of a lot more than anything in the L package..

Ditto and I toyed with this myself when I ordered mine - the SE-L has Parking sensors, illuminated scuff's, HIDs, auto wipe, Memory for the e/Seats, e/wheel, wood trim and one or two other things (boot thro', chromatic mirrors etc).

Well the only really useful features for me from the SE-L would have been HID's.

That's quite a lot of stuff for £3k, but then you have to consider which of those you would choose. Compare that to £2.7k and MLS, 14 Speakers and incredible sound, Bluetooth (which is excellent) Rear view camera (btw it's phenomimal), Touch screen fopr the climate etc, 6 DVD changer which for me has uses and yes OK the nanny features..... And remember that it plays "DVD audio" which is likely to be the future of music anyway.

It all depends on your journeys. People swear by Tomtom which you can have for next to nothing with Bluetooth. But for me the car feels naked now without MM. I had a courtesy car with no MM and I missed it like hell....Nothing really competes with an integrated Satnav with RDS/TMC and a proper gyrosensor (other then price).

On balance it had to be MM for me. I would suggest you try both cars and decide for yourself.

I'm looking at two choices either a IS250 SE with Multimedia package or SE L which both fall within my company car budget.

Any thoughts or comments would be most useful.

I have the SE-L Auto MM. If I had to chose which options to lose and which to retain I would have to keep the MM, so I suggest you go for the SE with MM.

Glad I don't have to make the choice! :tomato:

I'm looking at two choices either a IS250 SE with Multimedia package or SE L which both fall within my company car budget.

I have the SE-L Auto MM. If I had to chose which options to lose and which to retain I would have to keep the MM, so I suggest you go for the SE with MM.

Glad I don't have to make the choice! :tomato:

I pondered this for ages and in the end had to stump up the extra cash for the MM on top of the SEL (wnated the HIDs and memory seats).

Glad I did

HI

I have both Go for the L The extra features although not cheap make the car feel like a real luxury car.

The car reaaly should at least have had auto wipres anyway

alan

sory misred you yes if its one or the other the MM without a doubt

alan

Although I don't have one myself, on Id go for the MM. The extra bit of kit on the SE-L is nice, but again, id only be bothered about the HIDs.

Ask yourself which you'd use the most?

Go MM -- definitely!!!

If anyone in Ireland is making the same choice just remember that we do not have the luxury of ROS/TMC over here which is a shame because Dublin is one big roadworks these days. But I would still go for the MM as the base IS is far better appointed than either the Bmers or the Merc Avantgarde .

It should probably be MM, the money appears to go a lot further with it than on the SE-L

To me, the choice comes down to either having satnav, fantastic stereo, Bluetooth phone and much better looking dash or having memory seats and HIDs

Although, as others have said, the only way I could go is both because I couldn't not have either - which still annoys me about the silly spec line-up for the IS, dunno why they didn't just use the same as the GS

I chose the SEL AUTO without MM to replace my IS300 for the following reasons---

a) the spec. justifies the price difference between the IS300 & the IS250SE.

b)the STD audio is excellent

c)Bluetooth installation cost me just £90:Sun Visor Unit which gives surprisingly good performance.

d)After years with Sat Nav I relied totally on the sexy female voice &,if needed,a cheap TOM TOM can give

that.

Do not get me wrong the graphics are great to look @ & impress friends & neighbours BUT it really is costly & soon looses its impact IF used frequently.

TEL :driving:

• 2 weeks later...

Having used Tom Tom's, Alpine single slot and now the Honda satnav systems I'd have to agree with several of the posters here, integrated satnav is superior. Far superior.

It knows where you are much better, tracks where you are far better, gives more accurate information because of that and the best bit is that you don't have unplug stuff and cart it with you when you get out the car. Okay, it's not as cheap, but I doubt I'd buy a car now without intergrated satnav.

I've not yet had the pleasure of the Lexus system, but I will in September and I pretty much expect it to be on a par or better than the Honda touchscreen one that I have in my Accord presently for actual guidance, it whoops the Honda's a$$ on features.

Interestingly, when shopping about for a car, I looked at the obvious German marques (dull IMO) and they offer DVD satnav only for the best part of £2K, by the time you add the features on the Lexus system if you can get them, the figure rises to over £3K on many. This makes the Lexus £2700 actually pretty good value for money, you struggle to even buy an aftermarket Alpine system that does what the Lexus one does for that money.

All things in perspective and I reckon it's well worth the money, even if it does seem a large lump up front and it's not a cobbled together solution.

K.

I recently had a loan IS250 SEL without MM for a week while mine was booked in for a squeaky seat.

I really missed the MM. The standard sound system while not bad is leagues behind the Mark Levinson.

I also really missed the reverse parking camera so I would say definitely go for the MM rather than the L.