Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Needs Info!

heavyd

Hello All,

I'm a new member here and i must say this site is a well of information. Quite excellent with people who seem very helpful. well done to you all.

I have a yr 2000 Is200 sport manual transmission which i love. I have wanted one of these for years and i am well chuffed with it.

My only little worry is the amount of Fuel the car seems to be consuming . My wife thinks there is something wrong with it cos the most i seem to be getting out of it is around 20mpg. :sick: which isnt what i expected. From what has been written here there seem to be quite a mix bag of experiences so my question is - do i need to take it in to Lexus for a check? It is due for its 70k service anyway.

There have been some post about Lexus dealers not being really up to scratch so can anyone recomend a good garage in the Kent area?

Thanks

HD

Mid twenties average is about the norm I would say, so like chips said a lot of town driving and 20 would not be unusual.

Will probably get better after the service

Hi there,

unfortunately this range of fuel economy is the price you have to pay for such a lovely car. I just sold my IS200 Sport and I was consistently getting in the mid 20's. This increased from low 20's once I'd had my fun thrashing around in it and started to drive it sensibly.

Thankfully the new IS is giving me 35-36 mpg and has a bigger tank so wife is not complaining as much about my frequency of filling up.

Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks guys for all your comments. Most of my driving is motorway though which is what caused some concern. If its cos i'm stepping on the gas too much theni'm guilty as charged :D i dont even realise when i'm hitting 100kmh. anyway as i asked b/4 ... anyone know a good garage in the Kent area?

HD