Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Order My Is 250 Sel

Hey all,

Well I have taken the plunge and order my IS 250 SEL without the MM package.

I was given a demo car from Lexus UK for 3 days but they could not get me a IS with MM so after I had chance to drive the IS they lent me a GS 300 SE with MM for 3 Days so I could get an idea of what the system was like. Apparently the system is identical.

I was a little bit disappointed in the system to be honest, I found the Satnav almost impossible to use as it was to complex and I think my Tom Tom is a better unit, the Bluetooth is to dam flaky even with a selection of phones and the camera a good gadget but no real advantage as the PDC is perfectly good.

So I have ordered a SEL in Canterbury Blue with the light beige leather.

The dealer has told me august for delivery as apparently most of the production cars are going to the USA.

Does anyone know if I can turn on auto lock above 5 mph from the car or is it a dealer visit when I get the car?

Thanks all.

Hey all,

Well I have taken the plunge and order my IS 250 SEL without the MM package.

I was given a demo car from Lexus UK for 3 days but they could not get me a IS with MM so after I had chance to drive the IS they lent me a GS 300 SE with MM for 3 Days so I could get an idea of what the system was like. Apparently the system is identical.

I was a little bit disappointed in the system to be honest, I found the Satnav almost impossible to use as it was to complex and I think my Tom Tom is a better unit, the Bluetooth is to dam flaky even with a selection of phones and the camera a good gadget but no real advantage as the PDC is perfectly good.

So I have ordered a SEL in Canterbury Blue with the light beige leather.

The dealer has told me august for delivery as apparently most of the production cars are going to the USA.

Does anyone know if I can turn on auto lock above 5 mph from the car or is it a dealer visit when I get the car?

Thanks all.

Welcome to the club.

Nice one, but having both portable Satnav (Dell mainly (even though I have Tom Tom 5 which I can't stand) for hire cars) and MM in the IS, I have to say the MM is by far and away the dogs golgappas over the portable, but hey it's a personal thing and it is £2700 squids so I can see why people may not want it....

Not once has my Bluetooth beeing flakey - pairs every time with 2 Nokia's that I have and the sound and useability is A rate.

Anyway, enjoy, and hopefully the forum is good for you

I didn't think that the Sat Nav in the GS was the same as the one in the IS. The IS has the latest generation with upgraded screen and maps and DVD player with MP3 and WMA capability.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links