Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What The F***!

Guys, thanks for the amazing response and words of comfort. I have finally managed to calm down but Saturday and Sunday I was MAD!

Anyway in the cold light of day things could be a lot worse, they could have smashed windows, nicked my iPod, slashed my tires. But as my partner said that is not the point.

I will take the car to Leicester tonight and get them to have a look at it and give me a quote. I would hate to take it elsewhere and then find that I have invalidated the warranty. They did some respray work on my last car and I couldn't tell the difference. I will also take it to Jamboos recommendation just to get a comparison and might even be able to bring the price down for Leicester.

I don't think I will go down the insurance route as I don't have protected no claims and I am fortunate that I have a "little put away" for a rainy day and I think this is such a day!

Unfortunately the car was just parked in a street and there were no witnesses or CCTV around so whoever did it will get away scot free. But I firmly believe in what goes around comes around and I am sure they will get theirs in the future.

I am still trying to understand what kind of enjoyment someone would get for doing that! Anyway you guys are the best: :wub: (but obviously in a sexually non-threating manner! LOL!) Thanks a million for your help and advice.

Guys, thanks for the amazing response and words of comfort. I have finally managed to calm down but Saturday and Sunday I was MAD!

Anyway in the cold light of day things could be a lot worse, they could have smashed windows, nicked my iPod, slashed my tires. But as my partner said that is not the point.

I will take the car to Leicester tonight and get them to have a look at it and give me a quote. I would hate to take it elsewhere and then find that I have invalidated the warranty. They did some respray work on my last car and I couldn't tell the difference. I will also take it to Jamboos recommendation just to get a comparison and might even be able to bring the price down for Leicester.

I don't think I will go down the insurance route as I don't have protected no claims and I am fortunate that I have a "little put away" for a rainy day and I think this is such a day!

Unfortunately the car was just parked in a street and there were no witnesses or CCTV around so whoever did it will get away scot free. But I firmly believe in what goes around comes around and I am sure they will get theirs in the future.

I am still trying to understand what kind of enjoyment someone would get for doing that! Anyway you guys are the best: :wub: (but obviously in a sexually non-threating manner! LOL!) Thanks a million for your help and advice.

Hope you got some spare notes for a potentially very heavy-rain-rainy day... :unsure:

Take on Tony's little comment ("closest to owning a Lex is paint on their knife").

:sick: Bloomin annoying and frustrating - perhaps at least you wont be so concious when you are inside the lovely car. Just dont look at the passenger side when you're outside...

Where exactly in Brum were you? I know there can be some shadey areas not worth risking parking your car, especially a brand new one...

Anyway, hope you get it sorted with as little cost/hassle as possible.

D.

i would like to add my condonlonces to the thread as well.... i know how you feel, had my lexy cleaned yesterday and looks like some bar steward has keyed both my passenger side doors.......... TWICE.

one high and one low........ but they didnt do a good job, so it should T-cut on out.

again sorry to hear it happened to you, i was proper ****** and my car's only a T.

Hope you got some spare notes for a potentially very heavy-rain-rainy day... :unsure:

D.

Derek, it seems like my rainy day is turning into a tropical rainstorm. Got a quote from two dealers one was just under a grand and the other just over! Well I've decided to put the whole thing through my insurance and will organise the work through the dealer. Did consider Jamboos option and a few others but in the end I just want it looking like new and need it done with as little hassle as possible. Plus the option of a courtesy car etc.

Totally p :tsktsk: d off! If I ever get hold of the c :tsktsk: t that did this, I think I would be getting medieval on their ***** :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Living in Leicester I can tell U who not to go to! GMW motors are apparently the local insuranced approved bodyshop and did have a contract with lexus Leicester. They recently bodged my car up so badly that it needed a new door skin so steer clear of them mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links