Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gold

dave1

could anyone help on benefits of gold membership? Lexus Coventry know nothing about it but sales mgr is trying to negotiate a discount for my B service and 2nd cambelt change on 96 300 Sport

AFAIK most, if not all, Lexus dealers give discount to LOC Gold Members. There are also other organisations that give discount as well such as on insurance, tyres, geometry etc.

If Coventry don't, join up and go somewhere that does. You will easily save the membership fee on a cambelt change.

Other benefit to you is access to the Gold Forum, benefit to the club is support to cover the running costs. Win-Win situation really.

AFAIK most, if not all, Lexus dealers give discount to LOC Gold Members. There are also other organisations that give discount as well such as on insurance, tyres, geometry etc.

If Coventry don't, join up and go somewhere that does. You will easily save the membership fee on a cambelt change.

Other benefit to you is access to the Gold Forum, benefit to the club is support to cover the running costs. Win-Win situation really.

thanks,sounds good but does club not have list of dealers who give these discounts?

thanks,sounds good but does club not have list of dealers who give these discounts?

It does, you will find it on the Gold Forum :winky:

Presumably you need to join to check lists to see if any local dealers and discount they give

Presumably you need to join to check lists to see if any local dealers and discount they give

You do mate, I have checked and can tell you there is one not far from you.

Alternatively you can buy the parts at a discount, if you are a Goldie, and have a local independant fit them.

Coventry is probably the closest to me but they told me that they don't do the discount. So I have been using Leicester. I'll probably now use Milton Keynes as its finally opened

I think it would be easier to list dealers that currently don't offer discounts.

I am unfortunate as my local dealership is Canterbury and they gave me a flat "no" when I asked. Until I find another stealership (indie or otherwise) that does, there's not much incentive for me at the moment. No doubt this will change soon, as my car will be due a service.

Coventry is probably the closest to me but they told me that they don't do the discount. So I have been using Leicester. I'll probably now use Milton Keynes as its finally opened

Thanks for your help folks, I will see what Coventry offer but will go Gold anyway in next few days. Again, thanks for your input.