Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my normal idle speed is 600rpm but first thing in the morning or if car has been sitting a time the auto starts up at a fraction over 1000. Is this normal? car seems to want to go on it's own, as it would. Bit of a pain if I leave it on the drive before garaging it. I only have 4 ins to spare in length and need to gently approach the back wall, at 600 no probs, at 1000 it's a pain. I have booked it in and hoping Cardiff can sort it. Car is 6 weeks old and 600 ml on the clock

thanks

Hi,

Seems most of the Toyota/Lexus range rev higher when starting the engine from cold,my old MR2 used to tick over at 2k when cold.

Do you use the Aircon much?

The engine rpm will be higher if its turned on,might be worth turning A/C off when your parking in the garage.

chips..

Hi,

Seems most of the Toyota/Lexus range rev higher when starting the engine from cold,my old MR2 used to tick over at 2k when cold.

Do you use the Aircon much?

The engine rpm will be higher if its turned on,might be worth turning A/C off when your parking in the garage.

chips..

no, only use the a/c when it's been hot, only a few days so far this year. Talking about the a/c, with the ac off and auto on I get cold air coming thru the vents, with the auto off I still get cold air, is there a way to completely shut the air intake off. Somedays I find it not too warm or cold enough to have anything on

thanks

On my car if you select the auto temp button then it runs with A/C on together.

As to the high rpm,might just need the engine idle speed adjusted down a little.Or there could some other problem causing the engine to idle faster...sensor problem or air leak etc etc

chips..

As to the high rpm,might just need the engine idle speed adjusted down a little.Or there could some other problem causing the engine to idle faster...sensor problem or air leak etc etc

chips..

thanks chips. i think you are right as the idle speed is perfect when warm, only 600rpm

With regard to the air intake, how do i get no air in at all, have switched ac and auto off but fresh air still come thru the vents and at 70 mph it can be a cool breeze

thanks

chips..

thanks chips. i think you are right as the idle speed is perfect when warm, only 600rpm

With regard to the air intake, how do i get no air in at all, have switched ac and auto off but fresh air still come thru the vents and at 70 mph it can be a cool breeze

thanks

Turn off the climate control and switch on the internal recirculation switch. That should stop the air flow.

Tony

chips..

thanks

Turn off the climate control and switch on the internal recirculation switch. That should stop the air flow.

Tony

thanks Tony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links