Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sad New Owner

Lucky

Hi,

I am the proud owner of a pre-owned RX-300 Mk2 and just picked it up last friday from Lexus. I love the car!

I was on cloud nine until today; my wife saw that someone had keyed the front passenger fender! :sad:

What possess people to do this? :angry: When I was a younger, I never had the urge to damage someone else's property.

Question: anyone know where to get a weatherproof cover for their RX300? Something that has provisions to be able to display a CPZ parking permit. I'm hoping that it would keep casual vandals from :tsktsk: -ing with my baby....

I am wondering if anyone has an experience in preventing this type of senseless destruction?

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Sorry to hear of the damage to your Lexus.It seems just another day in damage to peoples motors across any forum you go on and look through the posts.Dont think that any real values are being taught to the kids nowadays.I think its a case of the kids being out of sight,out of mind..

The Police seem more busy than ever these days with all the other crimes so stuff like cars,houses etc dont even get looked into anymore :unsure: Just a crime Ref number.

Hope you get it all repaired without more hassle.

Someone else posted up today of damage to there car.

I think its just something we will all have to get used to :angry:

Someone else might be able to help with the cover for your motor.

Cheers chips..

Ironic as your name is Lucky. Welcome to LOC, there are many members on here that can sympathise with you, myself for one as ive had my car door keyed, front and rear bumber scuffed and last but not least, the wing has been dented!

As far as preventing this type of thing, short of sticking the key in both eye sockets there is very little you can do. Its a gamble that anyone with a nice car has to take when parking.

Nice car or not though, nobody should have to put up with this mindless behavior.

Welcome to LOC,

Sorry to hear about the damage, seems there is a lot of envy out there at the moment to people who work hard and reward themselves with a nice car. I'm having a shocker at the moment with damage so can appreciate how your feeling. Scumbags the lot of them.

Anybody got the number for the SOC? (Skoda Owners Club) - I might give them a call... :lol:

Sorry to hear about the damage mate, I had my RX for 2 1/2 years and never got it scratched once (apart from a slightly embarassing self inflicted incident in a carwash), I had the SC for 3 days and drove down to Essex to visit the outlaws and some little ******* scratched it, we were about 1 scratch from a grown man blubbing in the street. So I sympathize completely.

Thanks for the kind words of support. :)

I feel for the other unfortunate souls that have been tormented by the jealousy and envy that seems to pervade our society today.

Destroying the subject of one's jealousy/envy (or even admiration) simply does not make any rational sense. Even if that little s**t felt a bit of sadistic satisfaction damaging my car, he (maybe she) would still be jealous: I could afford the nice car in the first place and the car is still mine.

The jealous person has actually done a disservice to the community I live in, since it has degraded the surroundings: the shiny, new cars will disappear, the house facades will go into disrepair, and the honest hard working people will eventually leave. It seems that there are communities where the behavior of a small minority of its residents doesn't "allow" other residents to have a nice car or a presentable house. No one has an incentive to keep their home and cars in good shape, simply because it will get trashed.

My wife and I had entertained moving to a "nicer" community but were going to take our time; this was the straw that broke the camel's back. We'll take our considerate behavior, nice car, small flower garden, and the desire to keep our home well maintained to a different neighborhood.

...is there a Land O' Lexus anywhere? :D

Hi there

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I know how it feels, I have twice had my pride and joy damaged by other people in car parks, who have driven off with no note, costing me hundreds of pounds.

The one thing that has cheered me up a bit in reading all these similar posts (ie 'it happened to me') is that, within LOC at least, there are still some decent people around, who get off their as**s and work for what they have, and respect other people's property and values. Whilst this is the case, the jealous scumbag chavs will not entirely take over the country.

Take care

Amanda

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links