Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cops Actions?

Noel

Seen this on another forum and can't understand the cops logic.... wonder if anyone can make sense of it??? :duh:

What an evening! We were on our way to the field at about 6:30 this evening when we got caught up in a terrible RTA.

As we approached the junction of our estate to join the main road, I look right - clear, look left - clear, look right again - saw a Merc doing about 100mph in a 40 zone!! Merc flies round a right hand bend almost losing it, he manages to regain control and flies off into the distance.

So I pull out and continue on my way. As we round a right hand, and immediate left hand blind bend, we see a Saxo in the middle of the road sideways on smashed to fook. Looking further on we see the Merc in a ditch, smoke and steam ****** out of both cars.

So I get out, and being first on the scene start to make sure everyone is ok,

which it is soon apparrent no-one is. There is a little boy in the Saxo hanging out of where the boot used to be, upside down and bleeding. When I take a closer look at him, I see his femur is snapped at 90 degrees and he is bleeding from his nose and eyes. His dad started yelling at me to get him out, and I had to make him stop moving him, so as not to do more damage.

The victims of the crash, mum, dad and the 7 year old boy had to be airlifted to hospital, and the Merc driver and passenger walked out with a bump on the head.

The best bit is though, I got breathalised, held up for 3 hours, had to give a statemet about 3 times and I got the car siezed (wifes Polo) for examination. WTF I am a witness not a suspect. And they can't even tell me when we will get the car back.

Sounds like a pompus Merc driver :angry::offtopic: but I remember once when I was walking across a raod in a Pedestrian area and a Merc driver just persisted to drive into me :angry:

Sounds most bizzare as to why they would take witnesses car unless the Merc driver knows the right people if you know what I mean.

Strange one this??? I would say that the Police had been told by the medical teams present that this could be a fatal (one of the Saxo passengers/driver could have been worse than you thought and not expected to live). You would not have been told this on scene as it is obviously sensitive information.

If this was the case, the area would have been treated as a crime scene, charges of man slaughter possible. Once the area is declared a crime scene, everything is seized and held as evidence, which sounds very much what has happened to you, even if not directly involved in the immedite cause.

Keith