Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Seats

Anybody with new Is 250 have indentations on seats. I have but no new seat, only cover and foam!!!!

Has been in garage and not repaired correctly ginving them a second chance or will be asking again for new seat.

Very Unhappy!

Any comments?

I dont think they can order complete seat.... seat consists of 100 different parts they would have to order, so i really dont see an problem with them ordering "only foam and covers".

They can order a complete seat as the garage would have rather done that than try to repir it . Will they be able to make it like it was never repaired! We will see but first time was not done very well at all. :crybaby:

I picked up a my IS250SE and about 2 weeks later the drivers seat started to squeak. The squeak got really bad and so I took it back. Lexus said it was the seat frame but to disassemble the seat and rebuild it would come close to the cost of a new seat so they would order me a new seat. However, as the cost of the seat was over the £1000 a dealer can automatically fit, it had to go to Lexus UK for them to authorise. Lexus UK authorised the seat and I have had a complete new drivers seat fitted. I asked how much the seats were out of curiosity and they cost a cool £4500!!!!

I picked up a my IS250SE and about 2 weeks later the drivers seat started to squeak. The squeak got really bad and so I took it back. Lexus said it was the seat frame but to disassemble the seat and rebuild it would come close to the cost of a new seat so they would order me a new seat. However, as the cost of the seat was over the £1000 a dealer can automatically fit, it had to go to Lexus UK for them to authorise. Lexus UK authorised the seat and I have had a complete new drivers seat fitted. I asked how much the seats were out of curiosity and they cost a cool £4500!!!!

So £9K just for 2 front seats? Allow maybe 3k for the back bench with armresties and stuff - total just for the seats - 12K almost half the price of the whole car....something tells me the stealers are telling porkies?? :blush:

So £9K just for 2 front seats? Allow maybe 3k for the back bench with armresties and stuff - total just for the seats - 12K almost half the price of the whole car....something tells me the stealers are telling porkies?? :blush:

.... :lol: don't forget £15k for the MLS

• 1 year later...

.... :lol: don't forget £15k for the MLS

New seat that was installed has went exactly the same way indentation in middle, they are going to look at it next service!