Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Stupid Do I Feel

I like to keep my cars clean washing and cleaning it all the time but my problem is that I've never polished or waxed a car and havent got a clue how to do it? :blush: Any tips and products would be a great help. I wash my car with Autoglym Shampoo and conditioner then wash leather it off then apply turtle wax tar and bug remover to get rid of really bad bits then thats it?

The bug and tar remover leaves a gloss finish anyway but what you need is some good polish. Turtle wax stuff tends to be pretty good and great value for money.

I always wax mine after and every now and then, finish it off with a top gloss to give it that even greater shine.

I found turtle wax left lots of white dust and wasn't that great. I use Meguires 3 stage system. You can just use the stage 3 (wax) when you haven't got hours to spend on it. Everyone has their favourite. Someone else will probably now post that Mequires is rubbish and Sam's Super Shinny Slippery Wax is best...

I found turtle wax left lots of white dust and wasn't that great. I use Meguires 3 stage system. You can just use the stage 3 (wax) when you haven't got hours to spend on it. Everyone has their favourite. Someone else will probably now post that Mequires is rubbish and Sam's Super Shinny Slippery Wax is best...

I agree. Meguairs 3 stage sytem will give you a show room shine. Forget turtle wax!

Turtle Wax will be satisfactory, but if you want a WOW shine, then spend a bit more.

I recommend a good shampoo, followed by Klasse All in One, followed by sonus detailing spray, followed by a layer of P21s carnuba wax.

You don't have to do this every week, but once every few months will keep it looking fab!