Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Connected To Is200 Bottom Loading Cd Unit

Has anyone installed an IPOD / MP3 Player to IS200 bottom loading CD unit?

Can this be done and if so what will i need and how.

My CD player is showing the ERR3 fault and i thought istead of using the CD player I'll connect a IPOD or MP3 player to componsate.

Good idea but can it be done, only you can help me.

it can be done with the prolex aux in unit if i am not mistaken. think its a simple install if you have a non sat nav version. looked into it myself but ive got factory fitted sat nav and i think thats where things start to get complicated.

it can be done with the prolex aux in unit if i am not mistaken. think its a simple install if you have a non sat nav version. looked into it myself but ive got factory fitted sat nav and i think thats where things start to get complicated.

No mate, the prolex kit has a 20 pin connector, and the older headunits only have 18 pins.

I got the Itrip FM transmitter and works excelent and one of the cheapest options and also that way there is no need for wires taking anything apart and it all looks untouched 5/5 for the transmitter

if you do wana upgrade the head unit i can recomend the alpine stuff, i fitted it to mine an it works a treat. the transmiters are ok but you lose quality and i kept loosing signal. cheap fix though

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=32980

some phots of the finished article.

I used to use the fm transmitter thingy. Works quite well but you can lose the signal.

I then swapped to the cassette adapter, which works excellently..

I've got both of these laying around somewhere if you want either one?

In the end I installed an after market headunit with Ipod adapter.. Details etc are Here

• 2 weeks later...
I used to use the fm transmitter thingy. Works quite well but you can lose the signal.

In the end I installed an after market headunit with Ipod adapter.. Details etc are Here

Definately intrested in the cassete adapter, have you got a pic of what it looks like and is it as simple as insert the cassete and hey presto ipod connected? sorry for being a bit thick but i get a bit dazzled when it comes to these things.

I just got the Connects2 iConnect FM adaptor:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=4840

(or some on eBay now and again).

Same sort of thing as the Dension Ice-Link FM but cheaper and comes with an ipod dock cable instead of a cradle. The adaptor connects direct inline to the aerial on your stereo so it is not a transmitter, but you still tune the stereo to a certain frequency to get the sound. Plus it charges the ipod.

I had it fitted by Lexus and the cable hidden under the centre console and coming out in the front cup-holder. Therefore a totally hidden install with the ipod sitting very nicely in the cupholder. Cost £51.70 fitting which I did not think was too bad (did not fancy dismantling my own dash to fit myself).

Sound quality, although not as good as CD or probably something like the prolex aux-in, is more than acceptable and I have had no interference problems.

(or some on ebay now and again).

Same sort of thing as the Dension Ice-Link FM but cheaper and comes with an ipod dock cable instead of a cradle. The adaptor connects direct inline to the aerial on your stereo so it is not a transmitter, but you still tune the stereo to a certain frequency to get the sound. Plus it charges the ipod.

I had it fitted by Lexus and the cable hidden under the centre console and coming out in the front cup-holder. Therefore a totally hidden install with the ipod sitting very nicely in the cupholder. Cost £51.70 fitting which I did not think was too bad (did not fancy dismantling my own dash to fit myself).

Sound quality, although not as good as CD or probably something like the prolex aux-in, is more than acceptable and I have had no interference problems.

How much do you want for the Connects2 iConnect FM adaptor? Is straight forward to install? Can i run the cable to the glove box and keep the ipod there?

(or some on ebay now and again).

I use the i-Trip, you can tune it to any radio frequency so when driving in different areas you can avoid interference.

£51.70?? wow, for 5 - 10 mins work. I wish I worked for Lexus. :D

How much do you want for the Connects2 iConnect FM adaptor? Is straight forward to install? Can i run the cable to the glove box and keep the ipod there?

You can run the cable anywhere you like.

Err, i'm not selling it! I just had it nicely installed in my car! I was just suggesting another option.

How much do you want for the transmiier and how much for th cassete adapter?

How much do you want for the transmiier and how much for th cassete adapter?

Sorry mate. I've been away and only just got your PM. I'll PM you this evening :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links