Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Spend 6k

snake

Hi all

I may come into a little money in the next 6 months or so, and am looking to spend approx 6k on my 3 year old lexus IS200 sport.

I am looking for some ideas as to what i can do.

Firstly i am going to get a trick paint job done so i guess thats £1000 - £2000 gone already.

Turbo or supercharger will also be on the agender, but don't know which yet. ( anyone know the cost on insurance for either of these when done ). Currently pay £300 fully comp so would be intrested to know what other people who have done the super or turbo are paying ?

Also thinking wheels, body kit and maybe suspension, but looking for ideas and products which people have used and would recomend.

Thought about spending a little more and getting the 3 litre twin turbo supra 750 BHP engine transplant done but suspect may be nearly impossible to insure.

So any ideas please help.

Thanks

With those plans mate, you'll need a hell of alot more than 6k :sick:

Depending on what sort of paint job you are after you could spend 2k + just on that... I know someone who spent around £6k on a paint job (with fitting body kit)

Suspension - Coilovers + fitting 1k + (For TTE ) Tein alot more

Wheels, again depends what sort. The TTE chicaines that alot of people have now (including myself) + tyres around £700 (maybe cheaper if you can find a bargain). For a top set of wheels you're looking at £1k + easily for wheels alone.

Body kits, cheapest being TRD. Probably pick the kit up for £500 + ish, then needs painting and fitting. So maybe £1k ish, all in. Others you can be looking at £1k - £1.5k + just for the kit

Supercharger.. I think they are around £2500 nowadays, not too sure. Fittng for £400 (cheapest) plus..

Turbocharger.. Depends on what you want. But will be looking at with set up and everything else around £6k+ for cheaper kit. But would then have to do handling etc.

Engine transplant.. especially 2JZ-GTE (Supra twin turbo 320hp UK spec??) 6k will be now where near it.. As for 750bhp :sick: You might want to maybe put another 0 onto the 6 ??? Just to be safe??:blink:

Best thing mate. Think about what you really want.

Go for the look of the car. Body kit, wheels, paint job.

Go for performance... 6K will still not cover a proper turbo conversion (with handling etc). But can be put towards it.

Supercharger + pulley upgrade (might fit into £6k, depending on what ECU you have fitted, along with injectors etc). But then you'll have to upgrade the handling anyway. Coilovers, roll bars etc. Maybe uprated clutch.

You could meet halfway. Get a TRD kit fitted and sprayed (to the colour of your car). New wheels. Also get a supercharger fitted. You might even have some left over for lowering springs.

Engine transplant for £6k....forget about it

got some VOlk wheels for £1200 with new tyres(2 x almost new)

wheels cost new £2,000

Are those the split rim variety because if they are they are sweet? Always liked true split rims.

Put a pic up Matt.

got some VOlk wheels for £1200 with new tyres(2 x almost new)

wheels cost new £2,000

Are those the split rim variety because if they are they are sweet? Always liked true split rims.

Put a pic up Matt.

Yeah that is a bargain mate. You'll have to post some pics. I love the Volk / Rays wheels but the price puts me off. My mate has a set of 19" Volks on his Supra and they are very nice indeed :D

Plenty of food for thought but keep it coming.

I think i am swayed towards the super charger rather that the turbo, cos as you say it would be cheaper to buy a turbo charged car than to convert.

I think a super charger will give the car that little extra power it should really have had from new which will keep me happy.

Had plenty of turbos before but never a supercharged, must be smoother to drive.

Not to sure about a kit if thats the price of them.

I was expecting around £1500 - £2000 for the paint job, maybe a flip with flakes?

I am happy with the handling at the mo but don't know if it should be done with super fitted.

I assume the brakes are good enough for a super conversion ? and if not a set of black diamonds all round might do ?

Not overly worried about the type of alloys as long as i like the look.

60k for the 750BHP transplant would be within my means as looking to sell garden off as building plot (kaching!!!!!!!) but the wife would never allow that. ( Boo !!!)

We can't decide wether to buy the new 220d SE-L or wether to spend less doing up the IS200 we have.

We have only had the current IS200 sport for 4 months so may be a bit premature to change so quick.

Still looking for more ideas so keep them coming.

Any ideas on colour for paint job ?

(not purple/green flip as it seems to be everywhere now !!)

If you go for a flip / flake paint job you might find you'll spend most of the £6k on it :crying:

A pic of my mates green car with a gold pearl in it (You can really see the gold in the sunshine. Looks wicked). Cost around £6k but he got a deal cos he's mates with the sprayer. Also got 19" Volks on Here. It draws loads of attention, if thats what you're after.

No extra mods are needed with the supercharger. Although most remove the precats from the exhaust manifold just as a precaution.

OEM brakes are fine mate, so need to worry about them at all. The supercharger is an excellent mod and really makes a huge difference.

I have black diamond discs all round and can recommend them wholeheartedly although stock discs will be fine.

If it was my choice i would put the cash to the 220 if thats in the books.

Supercharger, TDI exhaust system (got some good results), induction kit, then mapped with a camcon unit £300-400 plus mapping and you've got about 190-200 rear wheel bhp about 210-230 at fly.

You can get TEIN coilovers for 700 up to 1500, but ontop of that you can get the EDFC which means you can change the damping of the suspension when your going along (£200), dunno how much they are to fit tho.

Then get some nice rims eBay have some good wheel and tyre deals.

Brake shud be fine, can get some drilled and slotted for show but standard are fine.

But dont rush come to JAE (july 21st) and have a look around see what you want

Also welcome to the club

trade in the 200 and get a 300, will have the same power as a charged is200 plus full leather and other bits. THEN get a turbo kit from the USA for approx 5000 USD and hey presto 350 bhp...

Dude, www.prolex-uk.com/store .. Fairly cheap and first class service! Mind you, with 6k you will get half-way with all your plans! I started from the inside out, that's the only way! Get the paintjob when you have tuned your engine and drivetrain. That is my suggestion. Too many players in the game with no juice!

You are joking right :question::blink:

As i said £6k will get NO WHERE near the plans mentioned in the first post. The paint job alone (flip with flake) will cost the best part of £10k+ alone :crying:

As I said decide what is most important to you. Look of the car? Performance? Or a compromise between the two?

As Elliott said.. before you spend that kind of money, come along to a meet. Preferably JAE. Have a look at other peoples cars and have a chat with the owners. You'll then have a stone wall idea what route to take and not.

Hi ad77

I need to let you know that i live in scotland and stuff is much cheapness up here!!!

I know a garage who do resprays for rolls and bently as well as other prestigeous cars. I have had a quote from him before and he will spray any flip, pearl or flake for me for £1500.

I just need to supply the paint.

Which is handy as my wifes grampa used to be a delivery driver with a paint company and can get me a good discount.

I recon i could get a flip + flake done for £2000 - £2500 depending on which paint i choose.

I am also not wanting emense power a super will give the car just enough to make it fun.

A decent paint job and a super fitted would do me fine.

If theres any left over can look at other stuff.

Been having thoughts about candy-apple red for the paint as well ?

Fair play to you mate. That is a VERY good price.

There was an IS300 in America that has the candy apple red and looked wicked :D

Lowred has a similar paint job but not the candy apple. Its duller but still looks great.

You can't go wrong with the supercharger mate as they are wicked and loads of fun :D

Fair play to you mate. That is a VERY good price.

There was an IS300 in America that has the candy apple red and looked wicked :D

Lowred has a similar paint job but not the candy apple. Its duller but still looks great.

You can't go wrong with the supercharger mate as they are wicked and loads of fun :D

Yep supercharge, theres second hand ones floating around which go for 1200-1800 depending on milage, the only problem with coming to JAE is your want to do EVERYTHING to your car lol and if you go in the monsta your probably go and get that conversion done LOLOL