Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lower Control Arm Bushes Front

hi

can anyone help me i need 2 lower control arm bushes for the front suspension of my 1995 lexus ls400.i bought 2 off of eBay and had them fitted yesterday.but when i collected the car as i drove away i was greeted by the sound of loud creeking comming from the front of the car.the guy who put them in said that they were very tight to fit.in fact he had taken a sliver of material off in order to get them in.they are a urathane type bush which i was told would need lubicating before being installed.i told the guy at the garage before he started the job.and assured me that the bushes had been lubircated.i have been in contact with lexus cambridge only to be told that they dont sell the bushes they only sell the complete control arm.which for both sides would come to over £500.00.obviously a delibarate ploy by lexus to make people spend more money then they need to.so if anyone can tell me of someone who does the bushes,preferably in the u.k. i would be most grateful.

The polyurethane bushes will always need a lot more lubrication to avoid squeaking. The ride will be a tad firmer too than with brand new control arms since the original bushes were rubber and had a lot more flex in them.

I don't understand what you need now. Do you want to get a replacement set of lower control arm bushes? I have never heard of anyone doing this in the UK.

I know Daizen make replacement bushes but that's only for the 90-94 models.

I got brand new lower control arms for around 100 quid each from Sewells in the States. If you do a "search" in the LS400 section for my earlier postings, you will find this has been discussed at length before with full detailed listed.

Good Luck!

I just had to replace the track control arm on my 300 and had to buy complete arm from lexus for £105, now the other needs doing! not so desperatly though. i was told by someone there are places that just replace bushes if you take the part to them!?

hi

can anyone help me i need 2 lower control arm bushes for the front suspension of my 1995 lexus ls400.i bought 2 off of ebay and had them fitted yesterday.but when i collected the car as i drove away i was greeted by the sound of loud creeking comming from the front of the car.the guy who put them in said that they were very tight to fit.in fact he had taken a sliver of material off in order to get them in.they are a urathane type bush which i was told would need lubicating before being installed.i told the guy at the garage before he started the job.and assured me that the bushes had been lubircated.i have been in contact with lexus cambridge only to be told that they dont sell the bushes they only sell the complete control arm.which for both sides would come to over £500.00.obviously a delibarate ploy by lexus to make people spend more money then they need to.so if anyone can tell me of someone who does the bushes,preferably in the u.k. i would be most grateful.

Hi,

I found these guys but I don't know about the series 3 but maybe worth a call,

http://www.superflex.co.uk/SuperFlex_Lexus...S400_Prices.pdf

Steve