Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry Fine Adjustments....

Now then as a few of us on here use Tony Wheels-in-motion for our alignments I thought I would post up a little warning to all that do......

Just got back from Tony's, excellent service as usual, but one thing I must remind you all about is the fine tune of the Geo....

WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT FORGET TO GET YOUR FINE TUNE DONE!!!111 :excl::excl::excl:

It's free and is vital to ensuring you dont waste all that hard effort Tony has put in to set up your geo.

I never did get round to getting my fine tune done after the geo was first done by Tony back in October last year.... the result.... 1 new tyre required for the o/r/f !

This could have been avoided if I had bothered to get the fine tune done!....

You live and learn, then die and forget it... but somewhere in between, please remember to get them fine tunes done after the geo... the're free and are pretty vital to seeing the geo correct!

:driving:

I never did get my fine tune done by Tony as I soon had coilovers fitted afterwards. It's now too low for his cameras to fit. :crybaby: I must get it done elsewhere.

I have heard / read lots of times from Tony and customers how important the fine tune is. Plus its free and so is the coffee :D :winky:

It is vital for the IS200..... I bet new members are thinking 'whats this fine-tune lark' :duh: Facts are the IS200/300 historicaly needs major corrections on the initial Geometry... After 2000 miles the car is re-measured and 'fine-tuned' back to the recovary positions at £0 cost.... if you miss this then the tyres may wear! The reason the 'fine-tune' is so evident is becouse i am the only person .....seemingly in the UK/World that offers this?

Moderators

Please understand this reply is not an advert... wim has operated in the same visible fashion here for two years without any financial gain.... All i trade is a 'hand on heart' desire to help in this area!

Cheers for da reminder Jase! lol

Got myself booked in for fine tune this Saturday :)

Albeit at a stupidly early time in the morning!!! :D

Well it is my day off :crybaby:

I know Tony :winky: and much appreciated as well! :D

Just being lazy :duh:

I am currently looking to get a Geo set up done but only after the new wheels and wheel bearing are on. Problem is that I am in NI and I don't know anywere who is competent enough to do this and are able to fine tune my setup. I know that if I had some figures to use as guidelines I could get somebody to set the car up to those figures.

I would appreciate if someone or a few people could post their figures here so I could have a look and maybe use them to adapt some figures of my own.

its all jargon to me but if you PM me your email adress ill send you the printout (email) I have from tony at wheels in motion from 2 weeks ago My IS200 is 99 model on V it gives you the figures it should be at and the figures mine were at (which my figures are of no use to you ofcourse) hope this helps

I can't load the on this site as the upload thingy is not working

TONY DID TELL ME THAT CHANGES WERE MADE TO MODELS AFTER 2000 SO IF YOURS IS LATER THAN THAT BEST SPEAK TO HIM (the doctor)

I am currently looking to get a Geo set up done but only after the new wheels and wheel bearing are on. Problem is that I am in NI and I don't know anywere who is competent enough to do this and are able to fine tune my setup. I know that if I had some figures to use as guidelines I could get somebody to set the car up to those figures.

I would appreciate if someone or a few people could post their figures here so I could have a look and maybe use them to adapt some figures of my own.