Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Cheapest Way To Increase Power?

Hi guys, just recently bought an is200, and looking for a bit more power but don't really have that much to spend, does anyone have any suggestions as to what's the chepest way is to get some more oomph in the car.

any tips would be much appreciated!!

thanks!

Supercharger isn't cheap, m8! Get a induction kit and a camcon. Worth the money. Supercharger is for cheap-a** wannabe's! ;) Swing by Dave at Prolex , he will sort you out fairly cheap!

What you talking about?

Or rather, where are you talking out of? :lol::lol::lol:

Supercharger isn't cheap, m8! Get a induction kit and a camcon. Worth the money. Supercharger is for cheap-a** wannabe's! ;) Swing by Dave at Prolex , he will sort you out fairly cheap!

What you talking about?

Or rather, where are you talking out of? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

How cheap and what sort of performance you after?

Cheapest is to get it flowing more freely but less gains in performance. Cat back exhaust, followed by induction kit, then performance manifold, then high flow cat..

Or get a TTE / Or Mikes Supercharger put on. = more gains but more money...

Also tell your insurance before hand to make sure you are happy with paying more on the premium

Supercharger isn't cheap, m8! Get a induction kit and a camcon. Worth the money. Supercharger is for cheap-a** wannabe's! wink.gif Swing by Dave at Prolex , he will sort you out fairly cheap!

You gotta be kidding me... :shifty:

**Deleted post and 10% warning for stating something that is blatantly (miniskirt and pompoms wearing) obvious**

Guess i am a 'cheap @ss wannabe' but i can sleep at night.

LOLOL hes getting a turbo from prolex so he thinks hes the muts nuts but if he doesnt get internals hes gonna have same power as supercharger, and hes a bit of a prick as ive been watching all hes posts. hes forgetting that half the ppl on here have got superchargers lol

LOLOL hes getting a turbo from prolex so he thinks hes the muts nuts but if he doesnt get internals hes gonna have same power as supercharger, and hes a bit of a prick as ive been watching all hes posts. hes forgetting that half the ppl on here have got superchargers lol

Elliot - He's getting the turbo kit...down pipe.........fuel line upgrade.....camcon which I have on my car. This set up is giving over 240 bhp at .5 bar...cant remember exact figure and am not on my PC so graphs not available...

For the record as soon as we fully mapped one of our conversions (volume of work meant my car has only just been mapped) it became obvious that the down pipe was restrictive and causing boost to drop off. We designed our own (offered as an upgrade to existing customers) existing kits now only come with our bespoke down pipe.

We also found out that despite our plan to extend the duty cycle of the OEM injectors not enough fuel was getting through so boost was reduced to a safe .3bar for engine longevity. All customers were notified of the need for a fuel line upgrade to achieve extra boost/power. Unfortunately you cant force people to have work done and they (quite rightly) can choose to try alternative routes at there own risk..

Hopefully I've clarified the position :winky:

@ Ellz, whats the most you can get out of the IS before internals are done :winky: i will teel you if you dont know , its about 280bhp............and the only way to get that power, is from more Boost "ie" Turbo.......not supercharger, think the most that can be had from the S/C is .5 but thats only if you get a biger pully......and then you will still be way of the 280 mark :whistling:

(NicoLoco) is right in away but not in the way he said it, if you know what im saying.......... ;)

i completely understand what your saying but to turbo from prolex which is the cheapest i know of is £5000 and thats not 280bhp you gotta spend a lot more to get there, also running 280 bhp your engine wont last a long time, for under 4000 you could get a supercharger kit, camcon, mainfold full exhaust system, induction and be AROUND a STANDARD £5000 turbo kit, dunno what a pully upgrade is worth but that obviously adds more bhp, and as there only a few ppl who have turbos and theres a shed load of ppl with superchargers theres no point in calling them cheap asses not digging anyone but the ***** from norway :)

You also got to understand, he is from norway :D and dont understand english as we do :o :D

Don't you mean "and don't understand English like what we do"? :P

All the work AD77 has had done and i am not sure but i still think he is off 280bhp. Thats if he was anywhere near the intended output with the conversion in the first place.

Still comments like that are gonna prompt a response from ppl.

"Who is your daddy b***h...." haha!!

I am glad another member has voiced their opinion or i may have got another 10% warning. :shifty:

you wont even get 280 bhp without the injecter upgrade

or internals...........as well as a thicker h/gasket

internals yes without dought h/gasket standard one is double layered metal top quality this part is yet to be proved what it can take

You gotta be kidding me... :shifty:

**Deleted post and 10% warning for stating something that is blatantly (miniskirt and pompoms wearing) obvious**

Guess i am a 'cheap @ss wannabe' but i can sleep at night.

Pip - it wasn't for that post but the delete one

Unless this thread stays on topic of helping maddy decide on what cheap performance improvements to make its being closed.

Maddy - If you want cheap then exhaust and induction kit will make a small but noticeable improvement. Perhaps someone with that combination plus camcon too can comment on the benefits of a camcon.

Somewhere theres a thread with a guess at the likely improvement of each mod. Try a search you might find it, unless someone else can remember where it is.

i completely understand what your saying but to turbo from prolex which is the cheapest i know of is £5000 and thats not 280bhp you gotta spend a lot more to get there, also running 280 bhp your engine wont last a long time, for under 4000 you could get a supercharger kit, camcon, mainfold full exhaust system, induction and be AROUND a STANDARD £5000 turbo kit, dunno what a pully upgrade is worth but that obviously adds more bhp, and as there only a few ppl who have turbos and theres a shed load of ppl with superchargers theres no point in calling them cheap asses not digging anyone but the ***** from norway :)

OK he should not have said S/C is for cheap asses, but it is why alot on LOC have a S/C and not a Turbo as it is Cheaper..........But the point i was trying to make is that, with a Turbo you have the Base for more Power, yes i know there is alot of work to be done to get upto 280bhp, but with a S/C you can do all the work you like, and i still think you would be way off 280bhp............so then the next step would be to sell the S/C and get a Turbo, BUT if you got the Turbo in the first place, you would make a saveing in the long-run.

Hi guys, just recently bought an is200, and looking for a bit more power but don't really have that much to spend, does anyone have any suggestions as to what's the chepest way is to get some more oomph in the car.

thanks!

performance filter is a pos for not much money, not sure what the gain would be, not much.

Induction kit would be the best way to go. Have a search on the forum, there's loads of different threads to read.

then it would be the exhaust system next

cat back exhaust.

You could pick one of up in the buy and sell section for half the price of a new one!!!!!

so keep your eye out for peeps selling

next would be remove the cats

the IS has 2 pre-cats and 1 main cat

The main cat is located in the mid-section of the exhaust, if you've got a local tuner by you or a competent mechanic that you trust, a de-cat shouldn't be a problem All this involves is cutting out the cat and replacing it with a straight through pipe, which is flanged at both ends so the cat can be re-fitted for mot's. All this can be done for well under £100

ok I would say to do the above would cost somewhere around £400- £500 depending on the induction kit you choose

pre-cats

the 2 per cats can be removed in the same way as removing the main cat. just read through the IS200 forum's should de a thread somewhere

the other option is a new manifold check the buy and sell or buy a new one, up to you

hope that's of some help

thanks!

performance filter is a pos for not much money, not sure what the gain would be, not much.

Induction kit would be the best way to go. Have a search on the forum, there's loads of different threads to read.

then it would be the exhaust system next

cat back exhaust.

You could pick one of up in the buy and sell section for half the price of a new one!!!!!

so keep your eye out for peeps selling

next would be remove the cats

the IS has 2 pre-cats and 1 main cat

The main cat is located in the mid-section of the exhaust, if you've got a local tuner by you or a competent mechanic that you trust, a de-cat shouldn't be a problem All this involves is cutting out the cat and replacing it with a straight through pipe, which is flanged at both ends so the cat can be re-fitted for mot's. All this can be done for well under £100

ok I would say to do the above would cost somewhere around £400- £500 depending on the induction kit you choose

pre-cats

the 2 per cats can be removed in the same way as removing the main cat. just read through the IS200 forum's should de a thread somewhere

the other option is a new manifold check the buy and sell or buy a new one, up to you

hope that's of some help

thanks for all your help guys, i'll probably start off with exhaust and induction and then move on from there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links