Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Wash

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Before I went to WIM this morning I took the motor to the self car wash, all washed and all was well

I took the car to WIM and Tony noticed a scratch on my nearside front door quite a nasty one at that!!! took it with a pinch of salt nothing a bit of T-Cut won't fix

After Tony had finished and the misses spent a fortune in Wattford I drove home again (Happy) parked up at home and settled down to several 1664 and a chinese

About 20 minutes ago I thought i should nip out to the drive and check the scratch again and as I was walking away I noticed another scratch on the roof Oh S :tsktsk: T i say's to myself I better have a look round the whole car and there is not one panel that has less than 4 scratches on it. How i never noticed this before I shall never Know

I'm just so angry at the garage were I washed the car

surely they have a duty of care and need to accept some responsiblilty (although I admit I would probably have a job proving it was their car wash that done this)

Has anyone had probs like this before and if we have any legal reps out there your hired.... Drastic maybe but very upset yes

maybe i will see this diffrently in the morning then again maybe i wont???????

A Car wash...nuff said! That'll be the culprit!!

If as I think it was a machine then that'll be the problem...the bristles are full of much and can only do more damage than good. No garage will take accountability at all...

I never use those blooming things...and I never use street side "hand car washes" either...always DIY!!! I'd rather wash it myself and let it drip dry if I haven't the time to chamois it then to let anyone else near my pride and joy!!

Guess i've really learnt the hard way

I'm just so upset this has happend partly my fault but I guess natural instinct tells you to blame somebody else ill spend tomorrow with a bottle of T-Cut and a few beers but I have a horrible feeling T-Cut might not be enough this time round it's in a real mess.......

G

Was a self car wash with jet spray and brush etc.

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ May 27 2006, 09:26 PM)

Machine car wash ! !! ! ! ! ! ! !

You get a better finish with brillo pads and sandpaper !

DIY or drive it dirty.

Poor sod!

Even if your car doesn't come out with obvious scratches from a hand car wash/machine wash or jet wash, their brushes/sponges are so dirty and crappy, that you will get zillions of micro scratches anyway..

Ok its done now time to move on lesson learn't

Is there anything better than T-Cut out there? available from Halfords as thats all I can imagine is open tomorrow

It will need to be very good i'm almost on the virge of saving fo a re-spray IT'S THAT BAD :o

Will post some pic's in the light of day

How long have you had the car ???

My thinking is .... if you haven't had it long then maybe the pressure washer just exposed scratches that had been touch up by the previous owner using one of those crayon type yokes....

Think Ive taken my car through a car wash three since having mine. Never been as happy as doing it myself. Hard work and a long time later you see the fruits of your effort! Im just sorry you learned the hard way.

Soem good elbow work and Safe Cut maybe ale to remove or reduce the scratch appearance. Its done wonders on soem of my scratches.

The other problem with the jet washes is that if you have a tiny hole in the lacquer anywhere the water gets in and blows a chunk of lacquer off - happened to me on the offside A pillar. I have a 1cm x 3 cm section of laquer missing and now touched up with a brush but it looks :sick: Lexus quoted £200 to paint it!!! :o :angry:

Had the car 2 months and washed it evrey weknd since iv'e had it

I have no doubt theese scratches are fresh today

Indeed they are new scratches, I'm only glad i noticed them before you left the car with me!... I would have felt uncomfortable if you came back to a scratched car :o

Well 3 hours later and arms rady to drop off T-Cut has done the job

Some of the scratches are still visable but not nearly as bad as b4

possibly get a coat of sealant on there if you've been heavy with the t-cut? :D

Any suggestions on what type to use

Any suggestions on what type to use

well many guys on here go for Klasse or Carlack68 Sealant Glaze.

i used some Carplan Nanomeric paintwork protectant and sealant (from good old halfords) and it did the trick very nicely. gives a little extra gloss also. its so good that the rain bounces off it like the paint is now hydrophobic!!! :D :D